U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 118 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone could share how much it was to build in Brunswick County?

My husband and I are looking to build in the Calabash area, not within any of the golf courses/communities there but just on some land we have, and I'm trying to figure out the average cost to build (per sq ft.)

The home plan we've fallen in love with comes to about 1900 sq ft (patio, main floor, bonus room, car port). We might add a 2 car garage but our budget is about $250k.

Has anyone built anything comparable in size? What did it set you back?

I see all these developments that advertise homes in the $100k and $200k, and I'm wondering if that's what we should expect to pay for our new home as well.

Thanks for any advice/input!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 06:55 AM

2 posts, read 118 times
Also, I need to add, we're meeting with a builder this week most likely, so of course we can get an estimate from him, but I just was curious what the going rate for building was in the county. Thank you!

Old 09-28-2020, 07:20 AM

2,868 posts, read 1,224,238 times
I believe it is about $200.00 per sq ft. At least that is what it was, when we were looking to build.

Old Today, 06:18 AM

199 posts, read 431,168 times
I met with a builder a few months ago and the price I was quoted was around $200 a square foot. Knowing me, it would be closer to $225 a square foot because I'd like some really nice upgrades. I had land as well and had every intention of building but, after looking at houses on the market, I was able to find one that had everything I was looking for and it was priced at $130 a square foot. A no brainer. .....anyone wanna buy some of my lots ?

l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina