Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 07:23 PM

249 posts, read 515,187 times

Advertisements

Looking for a reputable company that sells and sets up pool tables in the Wilmington area. I just recently purchased a house and would like to set up a slate pool table in the bonus room which is on the 2nd floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 04:33 PM

I guess no one in Brunswick County has a pool table ?

Old 11-22-2020, 04:46 PM

773 posts, read 646,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregg View Post
I guess no one in Brunswick County has a pool table ?
I guess no one who is a regular poster on this forum. Hardly surprising. Do you think every resident of Brunswick County participates on here? You might want to try Nextdoor.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
I guess no one who is a regular poster on this forum. Hardly surprising. Do you think every resident of Brunswick County participates on here? You might want to try Nextdoor.
What makes you think I believe EVERY resident of Brunswick County participates here? You wiseass much?

I've been on and off here since 2008 and a lot of locals answer questions such as this. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that nextdoor thing.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:03 AM

773 posts, read 646,557 times
Quote:
What makes you think I believe EVERY resident of Brunswick County participates here?
Because you said "I guess no one in Brunswick County has a pool table ?" And since you posted it HERE, then it naturally follows you must expect everyone in BC to read your post.

Quote:
You wiseass much?
Yes! Pretty much all the time.

Old 11-25-2020, 05:45 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
The difficulty may be the location on the second floor. Before you buy, I would ask the seller to have someone look at the home. Is the floor strong enough to support the additional weight? Do you have a straight staircase, or are there turns in the staircase? Are the doorways wide enough?

I understand there are one-piece slates and three-piece slates. Obviously the three-pieces slates will be easier to move up a staircase. My only experience is with friends who have a table located on the concrete pad on the ground floor. They assembled it themselves.

BTW, the Atlantic Spas and Billiards seems to be one of the largest dealers. In addition, check out 8ballwizards.com . They have been in busines a long time, and advertise free delivery and set-up.

Last edited by goldenage1; 11-25-2020 at 06:56 AM..

Old 12-05-2020, 06:41 PM

Goldenage1, thanks for the reply.

I would definitely have the installer look at the bonus room before purchasing. I'm thinking a 7 foot table would be ideal for the space. The staircase is straight with plenty of room to negotiate a single piece of slate. The structure of the home could easily support the weight of a 9 foot slate table but again, I'd have someone look at it to confirm. I think a 7 foot slate table would be ideal.

Old 12-05-2020, 06:53 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,052,691 times
15 years ago in the Charlotte area, a friend gave me a 9 foot slate table. I took it apart, moved it myself (three piece top)
I set it up on the second floor of our home. One 90 degree turn in the staircase.
Once I did the basic setup, I called a reputable pool table company to complete the install. They leveled, joined and finished the slate top. They followed that with new felt and bumpers for a total charge of 400 dollars.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:04 PM

getatag, that's cool. I'm used to playing on an 8 foot table but it's a treat to play on those huge 9 footers.

In my case, my "bonus" room has 3 rooms, as opposed to one large room so I have to go a little smaller. I currently have a fooseball table set up. The pool table is my next purchase, followed by a poker table/bumper pool table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina