Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-16-2021, 08:18 PM
 
7 posts, read 22,670 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I am retired and my husband will be retiring in April 2021. Our plan has always been to retire in eastern NC, an area we've visited many times over the past 35 years (Emerald Isle, specifically). We like Beaufort and Morehead City a lot. My husband really likes Swansboro too. I'm curious about some of the other towns in Carteret County as well but need some time to check them out. So, since we don't know exactly what town we want to purchase a home in, we think we should move to the general area and rent for about a year so we can explore more and decide. We will need a pet-friendly rental and, in the quick searches I've done so far, I don't see many. I'd appreciate any help/suggestions as far as what towns to look for long term, pet-friendly rentals as well as recommendations for property management/real estate companies who would be good to contact. Most of my experience with real estate agencies in Carteret County have been those who specialize in vacation/short term rentals and their properties are mainly on or near the beach. Sorry to go on and on! I just wanted to give as much info. as I could about our situation and plans. Any help is much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2021, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
13,323 posts, read 26,782,434 times
Reputation: 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw2 View Post
.....I'd appreciate any help/suggestions as far as what towns to look for long term, pet-friendly rentals as well as recommendations for property management/real estate companies who would be good to contact.......
Also check the MilitaryByOwner.com website. You do not have to be military to rent from it. Try asking for rentals near Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point NAS. Swansboro, Cape Carteret and Newport are possible towns.

Military owners are more likely to be dog-friendly, as many wives keep dogs for company and protection when hsbands are deployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2021, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
13,323 posts, read 26,782,434 times
Reputation: 6915
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Also check the MilitaryByOwner.com website. You do not have to be military to rent from it. Try asking for rentals near Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point NAS. Swansboro, Cape Carteret and Newport are possible towns.....
You have not mentioned a budget, but here are some examples of "pets allowed" or "pets on approval":

https://www.militarybyowner.com/nc/h...rt/mbo1464743/
https://www.militarybyowner.com/nc/h...nt/mbo1465598/
https://www.militarybyowner.com/nc/h...lle/mbo300642/

This last one has a fenced yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2021, 10:06 AM
 
7 posts, read 22,670 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
You have not mentioned a budget, but here are some examples of "pets allowed" or "pets on approval":

https://www.militarybyowner.com/nc/h...rt/mbo1464743/
https://www.militarybyowner.com/nc/h...nt/mbo1465598/
https://www.militarybyowner.com/nc/h...lle/mbo300642/

This last one has a fenced yard.



Thanks for your help goldenage1! As far as budget, I'm trying to keep it under $2000/month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top