Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 05:51 PM

231 posts, read 234,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
When will the road work start, to widen 211. How much of a mess will that be, and for how long? The OP may be interested in knowing that, if he has no clue about it.
The 211 widening project will be between S'port and Middleton Road/Midway Road. WRP is several miles west of there. The OP would only be inconvenienced if they drove into S'port.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 06:40 PM

249 posts, read 514,941 times
I've owned a lot in WR since 2009, and purchased another next to it a few years ago with hopes of combining them. You will have to pay (2) HOA fees (one for each property) but I was willing to do so.

Late last year I met with a builder to get the ball rolling and wanted to start building my home. After meeting with the builder and going over everything, I found it made better financial sense to just buy a home on the market, rather than having one built. The building costs rocketed up to $225 a square foot and I found a larger home for a fraction of the cost so I'm now a home owner
If anyone is interested in purchasing a lot or two, PM me.

As far as WR goes, I can't find much that I dislike about it. I love the fact there's not lights everywhere throughout the neighborhood. There's no need to light the place up. The only area where cars may speed is on Zion Hill. I haven't had issues in the neighborhoods. I shop at Lowes food at Midway, and travel a bit further on 211 to get to Lowes hardware. I prefer to be closer to 17 so if I need to get out, it's right there. The hospital is only a few miles away, and Shallotte is a quick ride away. Not sure why people feel as if WR is living in the Country. I guess those people lived in congested areas before.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:30 AM

10 posts, read 23,236 times
Buying an existing home would make sense, but there are very few available. I will keep my eyes open though. Thanks for your other input. It sure helps to hear from people who live there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina