Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 03:23 PM

90 posts, read 66,697 times

Advertisements

Looking for first hand opinions about the new Del Webb development at Riverlights in Wilmington.

Location seems ideal. Much closer to town than the 55+ developments in Leland. New construction housing cost is pretty attractive, at a time when construction costs are rising.

But is the neighborhood at Riverlights built up right now? Or is it a long way from getting off the ground? Wondering what's happening in terms of construction, traffic and community politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2023, 07:41 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilawyer View Post
Looking for first hand opinions about the new Del Webb development at Riverlights in Wilmington.
But is the neighborhood at Riverlights built up right now? Or is it a long way from getting off the ground? Wondering what's happening in terms of construction, traffic and community politics.
Sorry I can't give you a first hand view. Del Webb reports almost sold out. One house available at $634K. (At 2400 SF, this does not seem really affordable to me.) Several resales built in 2019-2020 are for sale around the $460K range. They are mostly smaller houses under 2000 SF.

Del Webb is already planning their next development: Mallory Creek in Winnabow, across the river from Wilmington.

The other builders like Charter Building Group are actively selling now. I would say Riverlights is about half built up.

Last edited by goldenage1; 01-18-2023 at 07:56 AM..

Old 01-19-2023, 08:37 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Riverlights is definitely up and running. It has multi-family neighborhoods, a mixed use commercial area, the over 55 Del Webb indicated and large areas of single family homes built. It is currently building the upscale waterfront area with 800k type homes. It is starting on a 2nd commercial area in the southern part.

On the periphery, one of the largest Harris Teeters in NC has been built on the corner of Carolina Beach Rd and Independence Blvd just north of Riverlights. That complex has a number of other businesses open as well including two coffee shops, and supporting businesses (nail, hair, etc...). Across the street from that is a new car wash is being built and just up Independence Blvd at The Pointe a new hotel is going up.

Old 01-19-2023, 12:48 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Riverlights is definitely up and running. It has multi-family neighborhoods, a mixed use commercial area, the over 55 Del Webb indicated and large areas of single family homes built. It is currently building the upscale waterfront area with 800k type homes. It is starting on a 2nd commercial area in the southern part.

On the periphery, one of the largest Harris Teeters in NC has been built on the corner of Carolina Beach Rd and Independence Blvd just north of Riverlights. That complex has a number of other businesses open as well including two coffee shops, and supporting businesses (nail, hair, etc...). Across the street from that is a new car wash is being built and just up Independence Blvd at The Pointe a new hotel is going up.
Can you tell me if The Cottages at Riverlights is actually part of the Riverlights area, or is it just capitalizing on a desirable address? On a map, it appears to be two miles away from the Del Webb location. Does Riverlights extend that far, or is it just the area including Del Webb, Oasis, the park, and 3-story condo building, plus the retail project that is under construction? Thanks.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Can you tell me if The Cottages at Riverlights is actually part of the Riverlights area, or is it just capitalizing on a desirable address? On a map, it appears to be two miles away from the Del Webb location. Does Riverlights extend that far, or is it just the area including Del Webb, Oasis, the park, and 3-story condo building, plus the retail project that is under construction? Thanks.
It absolutely does extend that far. Its a massive development.

https://www.riverlightsliving.com/wh...-neighborhood/

The Cottages are in or near the 7Bridge commercial center

https://www.riverlightsliving.com/wh...hern-entrance/

Old 01-19-2023, 03:09 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
Quote:
It absolutely does extend that far. Its a massive development.

https://www.riverlightsliving.com/wh...-neighborhood/

The Cottages are in or near the 7Bridge commercial center

https://www.riverlightsliving.com/wh...hern-entrance/

Great! As an apartment-dweller, I really like the idea of single-family home rentals administered by a professional management company. I'm tired of hearing neighbors through the walls and overhead, but have always been skittish about encountering individual landlords who don't understand the rights and obligations of both parties, and just want to collect rent without holding up their end of the bargain.

[Can't rep you again, or I would.]

Old 01-19-2023, 09:39 PM

59 posts, read 49,574 times
I toured there last year... Wasn't for me, they have great advertising company because it rang a lot of bells until we actually went there. Problem is I live on .75 acres now, and there's no way I would like getting squeezed into that set up. It's all way too tight, streets, housing, etc. But it has a lot to offer if that doesn't bother you. Also, we made an appointment to tour the place but basically you're given a map and sent out on your own. Shocked me... So we drove around for about 10 mins and kept driving, lol. Like I said, it all depends on what you like, for me, if I washed my car and my neighbors at the same time, we are too close! Lol

Old 01-20-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK NY View Post
I toured there last year... Wasn't for me, they have great advertising company because it rang a lot of bells until we actually went there. Problem is I live on .75 acres now, and there's no way I would like getting squeezed into that set up. It's all way too tight, streets, housing, etc. But it has a lot to offer if that doesn't bother you. Also, we made an appointment to tour the place but basically you're given a map and sent out on your own. Shocked me... So we drove around for about 10 mins and kept driving, lol. Like I said, it all depends on what you like, for me, if I washed my car and my neighbors at the same time, we are too close! Lol
That is definitely true. Their argument is that they have all of this open area, trails, lakes, etc...that your house is your house, but the reason to live there is because of the amenities, commercial offerings, park space, etc...

I will say this, any NEW space is going to be on smaller lots. If you want larger lots in Wilmington you have to buy older and may have to renovate and if a place is like new, it will may much more expensive because of that lot.

Old 01-21-2023, 11:08 AM

129 posts, read 169,945 times
Quote:
That is definitely true. Their argument is that they have all of this open area, trails, lakes, etc...that your house is your house, but the reason to live there is because of the amenities, commercial offerings, park space, etc...

I will say this, any NEW space is going to be on smaller lots. If you want larger lots in Wilmington you have to buy older and may have to renovate and if a place is like new, it will may much more expensive because of that lot.
This is true and happening in many growing cities. I've found that many new build communities are .25 acreage or less than half that. With as little developable land left in the area, they are going to squeeze as many homes as possible into new developments. Somebody will look past being on top of their neighbors and buy them. Anything larger than that might be offered on the outskirts or beyond at some point and time, but you'll pay for that.

Old 01-21-2023, 01:08 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Great! As an apartment-dweller, I really like the idea of single-family home rentals administered by a professional management company. ......
I have started seeing ads about Banyan Silo Ridge in the Scott's Hill area. The are supposed to have SFH as well as townhouses for rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina