Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2023, 01:03 PM

34 posts, read 44,865 times

Advertisements

Moving to Wilmington and curious about Helms Port, does anyone have experience raising a family there? We have a pre-teen and teen and are enrolled at CFA. Would love to chat about it. Is it more families or empty nesters? good community spirit?

Looking for a lively neighborhood with events and fun neighbors. I feel like so many people just come home, shut the garage door and never hang out on their porches, we are looking for a neighborhood vibe where the families hang out, kids are on bikes, etc ... "it takes a village" mindset.

Currently considering Landfall and Helms Port, open to other options too. We have an agent. cross posted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2023, 01:49 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
I suggest asking your agent how many homes have actually been sold in Helms Port, and how old the development is. I see about one hundred houses from the aerial view, but never heard of Helms Port. It seems to be a step in the right direction, as the house all have generous front porches.
I also see that there is a FB group called Helms Port Neighbors with 284 members. I suggest trying to join it.

Old 07-26-2023, 02:00 PM

34 posts, read 44,865 times
ha! I did, they did not let me in Its not very old, houses go fast once they are listed.

Old 07-26-2023, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colete00 View Post
ha! I did, they did not let me in Its not very old, houses go fast once they are listed.
OK. I saw only 7 houses recently sold on Realtor. Logan Homes says they started in 2017, and sold out in 2 years. Good luck with your search.

Most (4) of the $1 million plus houses seem to have been owned by seniors. IE, they have all-white furniture and fragile knick-knacks. The 2 houses around $700K were family houses with bikes and kayaks. This may not be a good statistical sample if the seniors are selling and the younger families are staying put.

BTW, the weather is so hot here currently that very few people are out in my neighborhood.

Last edited by goldenage1; 07-26-2023 at 03:09 PM..

Old 07-26-2023, 03:05 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,857,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colete00 View Post
Moving to Wilmington and curious about Helms Port, does anyone have experience raising a family there? We have a pre-teen and teen and are enrolled at CFA. Would love to chat about it. Is it more families or empty nesters? good community spirit?

Looking for a lively neighborhood with events and fun neighbors. I feel like so many people just come home, shut the garage door and never hang out on their porches, we are looking for a neighborhood vibe where the families hang out, kids are on bikes, etc ... "it takes a village" mindset.

Currently considering Landfall and Helms Port, open to other options too. We have an agent. cross posted
Tyndall neighborhood off of Beasley is like that. You could also consider Cove Point. More established neighborhoods. Helms Port is brand new so you are going to likely have more retiree's from up north than locals with kids. They do have the water access though so if that is the priority, you may have to sacrifice for having lots of kids in the neighborhood.

Old 07-27-2023, 02:10 PM

Perhaps Woodscape Pointe would also work. Look at the garage of this house crammed with bikes and kayaks. There is also room to add your own pool to attract other kids to your place. The ad talks about private water access in the neighborhood with a sandy beach, a day dock and a place to do paddleboarding.

A neighbors house at 5416 has a pool and a house full of band instruments, but it is already contingently sold. This suggest a neighborhood with teenagers.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...il/M6905259529

Last edited by goldenage1; 07-27-2023 at 02:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina