Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 06:23 PM

181 posts, read 631,437 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Elizabeth City next week. I have heard about the beaches but what about other things to do with kids. I understand that Hampton Roads are close so there will be things there as well. I'm looking for things that are not real expensive. What Zoo is the closet and my son loves trains and fish . They like museums if they are for children. My daughter likes Girl stuff and the little ones have never been to a admuesment Park. Do churches there have Vacation Bible school in the Summer? I will be the first to say and all those in my family will agree that I get lost everywhere I go. I heard from my husband that it is very congested driving there and really bad in the Hamton Road area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 07:24 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Virginia beach has a water park near the ocean front and a nature museum that is hands on right next to the water park, it also has an Imax theater. Norfolk has museums and a Zoo. Hampton has an air and space museum with an Imax theater. Traffic can be bad but once you learn your way around, you can take the back roads and avoid the heaviest of traffic. Also you are about 2 hours from Williamsburg with its Water Country and Bush Gardens theme park.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:15 AM

53 posts, read 201,143 times
the Hampton roads area is a great source for museums. You could visit the air and space museum. In Elizabeth City itself, there are some decent activities for young people, including bowling and (if it still exists) a roller-skating rink.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:24 AM

593 posts, read 2,439,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Virginia beach has a water park near the ocean front and a nature museum that is hands on right next to the water park, it also has an Imax theater. Norfolk has museums and a Zoo. Hampton has an air and space museum with an Imax theater. Traffic can be bad but once you learn your way around, you can take the back roads and avoid the heaviest of traffic. Also you are about 2 hours from Williamsburg with its Water Country and Bush Gardens theme park.
Sweet suggestion trail hiker! I work with Busch Gardens but I haven't gotten the chance to go back since last month! Will def. have to make the trip soon.

btw, if any of you are planning on going, here's an insider's tip: buy your tickets online. You can get them at 20% off the Bounce Tickets (good at BGW, Water Country for 7 days) at the VAvacationvalues site and thats the best way to do it.
The Perfect Getaway - is just a few hours and a great deal away. Busch Gardens | Water Country USA | Colonial Williamsburg | Golf | Beach | Shopping

Anyone been there lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina