Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2006, 08:09 AM

156 posts, read 920,129 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

I am moving to wilmington NC in a few months.. I just came back and loved the river-walk down town and the old victorian's.. Then I had lunch on Writesville Beach(SP).. Loved it too.. Now I am confused as to where to live.

As I can't afford the actual beach, I can afford some of the communities over the bridge inland..

Where do I go?? Please help!!! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2006, 08:22 AM

291 posts, read 1,781,558 times
I love the area too. The hurricanes and fllod insurance scared my wife. Hampstead is the nicest town we checked out. Somewhat affordable and safe.

Old 06-17-2006, 08:30 AM

156 posts, read 920,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salatheel
I love the area too. The hurricanes and fllod insurance scared my wife. Hampstead is the nicest town we checked out. Somewhat affordable and safe.
Thanks.. I drove through and heard it is the next area to start growth.. It is alittle too far from the beach for me.. I liked the Mayfair Mall area..Very expensive!!! I just can't get over the beautiful old houses near the river-walk..I want one!!

Old 06-17-2006, 04:48 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
I'd say downtown...less chance of hurricane damage, less need to drive many places (lots of stuff within walking distance), and less tourist season traffic in Summer. (It gets it's share, don't get me wrong, but no where near as much as Wrightsville or any of the other beach towns.) Lots of dining and nightlife there in downtown Wilmington too.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:46 AM

27 posts, read 72,909 times
Question did U find it ?

hope that you are still visiting this forum...VICTORIA.1 did your dream place in wilmington or near wilmington?

Old 08-17-2006, 09:01 PM

3 posts, read 10,352 times
I would not recommend Wrightsville Beach to anyone. Traffic is a nightmare, even in the off season. I was raised there, I really hate going back to visit. Downtown has become a very viable option for many. No matter where you go in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, it's going to take 30-45 minutes. Good Luck!

Old 08-18-2006, 07:55 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
I seem to remember reading a poll somewhere not long ago where they interviewed North Carolinians about what cities have the nicest downtowns. Asheville, Wilmington and Carrboro were the top three, if I recall.

Wish I could find a link for it...sorry.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:42 AM

958 posts, read 2,620,500 times
I'd have to say Asheville's is nicer than Wilmington's. I work in downtown Asheville and have also worked in downtown Wilmington, and Asheville has much more to do and seems like more of a real downtown. Wilmington's to me always seemed more spread out and had less to do.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:52 AM

7 posts, read 25,709 times
Smile ms md moving to north carolina

I wantto drive down this labor day wkend but i dont know what about the wheather. Also i am going to wilmington does anyon know how the cost and pay for a nure is there. tks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina