Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Conceptual for Town Commons
Not really feeling this setup. What happened to the previous plans that were shown on this forum a couple of weeks ago? I feel like this makes the town commons way too cramped. I feel like too many buildings would be in the area that grass should be in. But I do like some of the other mixed use buildings that would be on the other side of 1st street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
I cant figure out why the City hasn't already re-lined 1st St to put on street parking in front of the Town Commons. There is no need for a 4 lane road there and the sides can be utilized as parking if it was just re-lined. It would essentially nothing and create more parking opportunities.

The Commons has always been underutilized, that plan seems to be making some use of the periphery better, but it still seems it could be shifted East. Take the mixed use out of the East side and put it on the West side next to the other and move everything east. Then you have the boat ramp adjacent to the commons rather than a building in between.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Not really feeling this setup. What happened to the previous plans that were shown on this forum a couple of weeks ago? I feel like this makes the town commons way too cramped. I feel like too many buildings would be in the area that grass should be in. But I do like some of the other mixed use buildings that would be on the other side of 1st street.
The north side of the river, River Park North, is a straight up lowland/swamp. Without a huge investment, there is no way we build on the northern river bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
I cant figure out why the City hasn't already re-lined 1st St to put on street parking in front of the Town Commons. There is no need for a 4 lane road there and the sides can be utilized as parking if it was just re-lined. It would essentially nothing and create more parking opportunities.

The Commons has always been underutilized, that plan seems to be making some use of the periphery better, but it still seems it could be shifted East. Take the mixed use out of the East side and put it on the West side next to the other and move everything east. Then you have the boat ramp adjacent to the commons rather than a building in between.
If you read a few pages back, you'll see that I posted they are in the process of doing this. I want to say it will add 106 new parking spaces.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
The north side of the river, River Park North, is a straight up lowland/swamp. Without a huge investment, there is no way we build on the northern river bank.

If you read a few pages back, you'll see that I posted they are in the process of doing this. I want to say it will add 106 new parking spaces.
Good....and I think he meant the South side of 1st Street, where there are just some low level office buildings now...not on the North side of the river.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:00 PM

I am about to make several post about confirmed/proposed/speculative future projects. Each post will be a separate item, to hopefully create less confusion.

Just to reiterate, some of these projects are shovel-ready (i.e. new Courthouse), while some are conceptual, proposed, or being designed. So take with a grain of salt.

There are three areas that I'll post about: West Greenville, Uptown (North), and Uptown (South). Each area will have projects, which I'll post separately.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:01 PM

West Greenville has numerous sites of future (planned or proposed) development. This area includes the eastern side of the railroad tracks. Note the location of the possible Business Incubator site across from that gas station.

Last edited by MrBojangles; 01-29-2013 at 03:10 PM..

Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM

This is layout for the traffic circle on West 5th. You can see the car wash there has been bought and razed. This is apart of the West Fifth St Gateway Phase II.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM

The Dream Park located off of Chestnut Street.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM

The Imperial Tobacco concept, off of Dickinson. Note the possible future Train Depot, among other things.

Now (my opinion), if the minor league park gains traction here, then this could be tossed, or meshed together.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM

A new view of the GO-Science Center off of 14th St. I think there is talk to add in a "BMX museum" to incorporate the high number of local riders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina