Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 09:06 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
There is a lot of construction going on at the hospital right now, with more planned. Looks like work has started on the dental school.
They broke ground on the School of Dental Medicine in July/Aug. Here is a live webcam to keep up with the progress. Ross Hall Cam

PCMH is getting ready to expand the children's hospital. They are currently redoing the entrance to the Rehab Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 03:03 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,342 times
So the dental school will be four stories?
I wish they would make it around eight levels, and let some medical companies or even ECU rent out the remaining floors.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
So the dental school will be four stories?
I wish they would make it around eight levels, and let some medical companies or even ECU rent out the remaining floors.
I agree to the bigger is better. But remember that our fourth year dental students will be located in 10 community clinics. So basically 1/4 of the student population will not be in Greenville. So they need a smaller building. Plus, the med school is (eventually) going to get a new building. It was complete in 1981 and is currently the oldest med school building of all the US med schools. Needless to say, everything is old. So hopefully they will build a big ol building to get rid of all those trailers.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Plus, the med school is (eventually) going to get a new building. It was complete in 1981 and is currently the oldest med school building of all the US med schools.
I'm not sure where you dug up this stat but it's not even close. The oldest medical school building in use in the US is Davidge Hall at the University of MD. It was built in 1812. There are many med school buildings that are far older than ECU's building.

College of Medicine of Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 PM

159 posts, read 259,014 times
Default new bern

I was concerned if new bern was close to the ocean the insurance rates would be high.
Is there a youthful population in Greenville? Any retirees? What is the census?
I do like being near stores and hospitals, etc.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 PM

It must have been the primary medical education facility. It is on an ECU/Brody doc, but I am having trouble locating it again

Old 10-25-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schil View Post
I was concerned if new bern was close to the ocean the insurance rates would be high.
Is there a youthful population in Greenville? Any retirees? What is the census?
I do like being near stores and hospitals, etc.
Youthful as in college age?.....because ECU is there. There are some retirees. Not as many as opposed to a beach. But great medical care along with the university is tailored perfect for some retirees. Stores are hit or miss....

Not to be rude, but have you done any research on Greenville?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:41 AM

38 posts, read 96,447 times
i'd like to hear about ANY NEW developments on FUN THINGS TO DO WITH THE FAMILY.AS WELL as still hearing about new RESTURANTS.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Lets see:

*Cotanche Street Bus Transfer Station which will improve the bus transfer station, construction should begin this month
*The Five Points Project should begin in December. This is construction to the parking lot at 5th and Evans.
* Greene St. Parking Lot will receive improvements starting in Feb 2011.
*Green Mill Run Greenway, Phase II should begin next June. That will connect the current Green Mill Runway to Evans Park.
* South Tar River Greenway phase II has begun. Progress has been slowed due to several sections being under water. Clearing is approximately 2/3 complete. 2/3 of the piles have been installed for the boardwalk. Installation of pipes began the week of 10/18.

So a few project going on or getting ready to start in the next six months

Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 AM

353 posts, read 458,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millina2009 View Post
i'd like to hear about ANY NEW developments on FUN THINGS TO DO WITH THE FAMILY.AS WELL as still hearing about new RESTURANTS.
Greenville doesn't have enough restaurants already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina