Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 07:38 PM

22 posts, read 45,483 times

Advertisements

Also, does anyone know what this College Pointe is? Looks to be located near Sam's Club and says it will be anchored by a Farm Fresh?? What's that? Just found this loopnet.com site and lots of information if you dig around. LoopNet - College Point, Retail Pad, Memorial Dr. & Chapman Rd., Greenville, NC

Just looked up Farm Fresh and it's a grocery store, they have 2 in Elizabeth City. Same company that owns Shaw's in the Northeast and more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 07:43 PM

451 posts, read 1,914,091 times
^I think that development has stalled...not sure what is planned right now. It's probably on hold until the economy improves...the site has already been prepared for development.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
[quote=jne7043;19476017]Randomly came across this info. Carolina East Centre (off Memorial where the DMV is) is really trying to redevelop. I'm really not familiar with commercial real estate, but everything I'm reading makes me think they plan to kick out all of the current tenants? Take a look at this [url]

trust me, they do need to kick out most of the tenants. NONE of them are actually decent tentants, they have some type of restaurant that gets no business (makes me wonder how they stay open?), a barbershop (gets plenty of business), a pathetic denstist office, & suit store, a large closed anchor space) (dont know what it was), a closed movie theatre, some type of scuba diving place I think, and a bunch of other useless stuff.

the things about it is, it's one of the most prime pieces of real estate in Greenville considering that it's so close to everything.

It really should be bought by Brody in my opinion, and should have a major remodeling done. (they painted, that's just about it).

Old 06-07-2011, 10:03 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
[quote=BMOREBOY;19479154]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jne7043 View Post
Randomly came across this info. Carolina East Centre (off Memorial where the DMV is) is really trying to redevelop. I'm really not familiar with commercial real estate, but everything I'm reading makes me think they plan to kick out all of the current tenants? Take a look at this [url]

trust me, they do need to kick out most of the tenants. NONE of them are actually decent tentants, they have some type of restaurant that gets no business (makes me wonder how they stay open?), a barbershop (gets plenty of business), a pathetic denstist office, & suit store, a large closed anchor space) (dont know what it was), a closed movie theatre, some type of scuba diving place I think, and a bunch of other useless stuff.

the things about it is, it's one of the most prime pieces of real estate in Greenville considering that it's so close to everything.

It really should be bought by Brody in my opinion, and should have a major remodeling done. (they painted, that's just about it).
I wish Brody (or someone) would buy the Greenville Mall. IIRC, one of the posters posted something about the mall is going to not renew their lease after it runs out in November. Not to rehash it, but that mall is in such a prominent place. It really needs a HUGE upgrade in tenants. Plus that would keep a lot of people (and their money) IN Greenville.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:07 PM

Either today or yesterday I saw some carnival rides in their trucks beside the firehouse downtown. Any idea where those deathtraps are going?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,091 times
Quote:
I wish Brody (or someone) would buy the Greenville Mall. IIRC, one of the posters posted something about the mall is going to not renew their lease after it runs out in November. Not to rehash it, but that mall is in such a prominent place. It really needs a HUGE upgrade in tenants. Plus that would keep a lot of people (and their money) IN Greenville
And what about that vacant anchor spot? I'm shocked that something hasn't gone in there yet.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:48 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
If you've lived here long enough, you'll remember Farm Fresh use to be where Big Lots is today. I would shop there with my grandmother all the time. That Carolina East Centre...best thing that could happen to that is a wrecking ball. That place is so old & run down. I got excited when I saw they were going to make improvements..but it was just paint...that is not an improvement.

I don't know what would go where the theater use to be...such an odd space for anything else. Bulldoze the entire thing & sell the land to a developer. I really wish someone would develop the lot beside the Carmike Theatre..too bad that awesome shopping center fell through years ago.

I agree on the Greenville Mall. It could be the place to go shop East of Raleigh if they would actually give a damn about the place. I saw the GAP was gone when I went in the other day for Chick Fil A. I never shop at the mall, mainly because it has nothing to draw me there. I'm hoping the restaurant developments on the outer parameter, Pizza Place & Carolina Ale House will help the Mall go in the right direction. They really need another major tenant where Steve & Barry's was. I'm sure they want too much $$ for that spot...as always. Wish they could drop rent a little to try & lure some decent stores in there.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
And what about that vacant anchor spot? I'm shocked that something hasn't gone in there yet.
It is for the most part a ghetto mall with a few places for middle class people. If they would invest in it and kick out the crap, I am pretty sure it could get some decent to good vendors.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I applaud the work you put in MrBojangles . I'm sure we all do.
(sn: your name just made me crave Bojangles haha).

I went in the hospital today and saw another rendering for the childrens hospital. It is quite nice I must say.

I've heard from a quite reliable source that we should hear about a fair size development soon. That's all he told me, no location or type of development.

Also I think if The Fresh Market moved into the current Lowe's Foods building, Fresh Market would see more customers. They're current location is better for a retail store in my opinion. The only problem is, I have to think of a store that could feel the existing space. It would very nice if they would put something like a Dave & Busters, in there but Greenville can't support one.
Thanks!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:41 PM

The South Tar River Greenway officially opens on June 11 with a dedication at Greensprings Park (I think).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina