U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 10:23 AM

6 posts, read 26,170 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the leland/wilmington area: We have two little girls one in elementary school. Is leland a good family town?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:32 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,382,837 times
leland isn't really a town. it's growing with new strip malls and housing developments. you will most likely be crossing the bridge into wilmington to do anything fun with your kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaysue09 View Post
We are moving to the leland/wilmington area: We have two little girls one in elementary school. Is leland a good family town?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 AM

6 posts, read 26,170 times
Thanks. Is leland a good place to live with kids? Safe? My realtor says it's a great area and close enough to shopping and activities.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,382,837 times
it's not bad. my ex lives there with her daughter. the taxes are low. I just feel that you will be spending a lot of time in wilmington. wilmington has the parks, movie theaters, and stuff like that. there are some new strip malls going up out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaysue09 View Post
Thanks. Is leland a good place to live with kids? Safe? My realtor says it's a great area and close enough to shopping and activities.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:51 AM

22 posts, read 87,226 times
I have 2 kids ages 7 and 4 and we live in Leland. I prefer this area over Wilmington because I am close enough to Wilmington and its activities, but when I come home I feel like I am in a more quiet, rural place. I prefer the Brunswick County beaches over New Hanover, such as Caswell Beach. It just seems like a slower pace, which I prefer. The schools here are not the greatest, but I am putting my faith into them improving over the next couple of years. I see changes in the works and that is encouraging. As far as safety goes, I haven't had any problems. Most of the thugs and crime are in the downtown area of Wilmington and you are far enough away from that out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina