Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 02:46 PM

267 posts, read 1,122,965 times

Advertisements

Is there an Asian market in Jacksonville or should I go stock up before I move from here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 12:56 PM

Guess I'll put that on the to-do list for this weekend. . .

Old 05-17-2009, 03:25 PM

There are actually two Asian stores within a mile or two of my new apartment. One is called simply "Oriental Market" at 211 Western Blvd and the other, Tomadachi Japanese Market is at 202 Brynn Marr Rd. I thought I'd make it there to check them out today, but it's rainy and I'm a slug.

I thought I'd get a phone book when I got my phone turned on, making it easier to find things, but no such luck.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 AM

917 posts, read 2,298,630 times
So how do you like it here so far? I gather you found hotels where your cat could stay and an apartment that welcomes him. That's great about the asian markets.
Phone books are given out once a year. Someone may have an extra you can have, otherwise you will be months without.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM

Ann,

I haven't had much time to explore. I started my new job a week ago Monday and feel pretty drained after work.

I didn't really have trouble finding an apartment. I contacted a realtor and took the first place I looked at. It's fairly new, decent, 7 miles from my office. It's a quiet neighborhood, although you can hear the "live fire" exercises from the base.

The base seems to keep the rental market here tight - nice places don't stay on the market any time at all. If I hadn't chosen a place that first day looking, I wouldn't have been able to get in three days later, get electricity and water turned on before starting work, and then I would have been in a panic.

If I wasn't living on the floor, I'd be pretty comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina