Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,720 times

Advertisements

My husband has recently accepted a position on Wrightsville Beach and we will be moving to the coast from the NC mountains. I do not know much about the area and have 3 kids, (4months, 3 years old and almost 11 years old). I was looking at Leland as a good choice but have not seen any good reviews about it any great advice would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 11:11 AM

116 posts, read 426,117 times
There are some great neighborhoods in Monkey Juntion and up in the Ogden area off Market Street heading North. It all depends on what you want to pay for a house.
Also look at the property taxes and home owners insurance when you figure out how much you want to spend, they can take quite a bite out of your income! As your husband will be commuting to Wrightsville beach these two areas would be less of a problem than looking in the Leland area, which is not even in New Hanover County, it is in Brunswick County, which means he would have to deal with the Cape Fear bridge commute and that can be stressful and time consuming when the bridge goes up for boating traffic.
Hope this helps, if you have any questions I'll see if I can answer them for you.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 AM

65 posts, read 197,159 times
the schools in leland are pure garbage!!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 AM

8 posts, read 27,465 times
Smile Don't move to Leland

I moved from Northern VA to Leland and trust me it was quiet a shock to me other than living at Magnolia Greens Country Club in Leland. The only thing is the big Wal-Mart for the Leland folks. I spent half my time in Wilmington where the action is. Your family would be happier not living in Leland, NC.

Have a great day!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:34 AM

92 posts, read 223,461 times
Definitely look at the Monkey Junction area of Wilmington. Subdivisions such as Woods Edge and Beacon Woods are really nice, and are convenient to everything - about 15 mins. to Wrightsville Beach. The schools for those areas are also very good.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:31 PM

36 posts, read 140,597 times
I would not advise you to live in sleazzeland/tin city...Pretty much all single wides....Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgaw is so much nicer..Plenty of double wides...OH!!!!You have to excuse the yards...Everybodys yard looks as if their having a yard sale.......But there is plenty to do in Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrgaw....Jerry Springer is going to be opening his 3 million dollar studio in down town Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrgaw later in July.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina