Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM

431 posts, read 1,141,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccurran07 View Post
boooo olive garden!!! hahah jk
I used to love Olive Garden. But its impossible to get a seat there most of the time and service isn't great. I went to Macaroni Grill for New Years Eve with some friends and had no problem making reservations the day of and service was great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 04:11 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Since Olive Garden came here,Macaroni Grill or any other italian restaurant doesn't stand much of a chance.
Ugh. Seriously? Olive Garden is like in 27th place with me, trailing Biscuitville and the Exxon station.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:43 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Ugh. Seriously? Olive Garden is like in 27th place with me, trailing Biscuitville and the Exxon station.

you said biscuitville. lmao. I agree. olive garden is like the mcdonalds of italian cuisine.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:41 PM

807 posts, read 2,514,998 times
The Mac is pretty good for a chain restaurant! In fact it's dang good IMO! I'd rather go to a local restaurant,but I do like the Macaroni Grill.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:08 PM

63 posts, read 222,634 times
Ya, the MacShak (as we employees refer to it lol) is way better than OG, in the sense that we don't microwave our food, everything is basically prepared to order and with the open kitchens you can see that no one is doing nasty things to your food. lol.

If you ever get a chance to go to a Maggiano's Little Italy, take it!!! It's our sister store and FANTASTIC..they make everything from scratch, you would never even know it was a chain. I went to one in Orlando a couple months ago and was blown away. It also didnt hurt that I get a 50% discount hehe

Old 07-07-2009, 05:45 AM

698 posts, read 3,266,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean330 View Post
I used to love Olive Garden. But its impossible to get a seat there most of the time and service isn't great. I went to Macaroni Grill for New Years Eve with some friends and had no problem making reservations the day of and service was great.
I totally agree. They made it too small for this area,but it has given everyone else some competition. That's why it was so easy for you to get into Macaroni Grill. We enjoy going to the ones(Olive Garden) in Myrtle Beach and Florida a whole lot more than here.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,156,722 times
Just had to weigh in here--while I agree that Olive Garden is far down the list, I am quite puzzled by rubber_factory's comparison to Biscuitville. I mean, every restaurant is below Biscuitville, right? Like you didn't know that???

Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Just had to weigh in here--while I agree that Olive Garden is far down the list, I am quite puzzled by rubber_factory's comparison to Biscuitville. I mean, every restaurant is below Biscuitville, right? Like you didn't know that???
lol

I've never actually been to a Biscuitville. I bet it's good.

I just can't keep a straight face when I hear the name.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:45 AM

116 posts, read 425,465 times
I'm new to the area, what is a biscuitville, never heard the term before.
My experience at the OG has always been good, I love their salads and chicken parm. always had good service, must be the luck of the drawer with the wait staff.
Hate Macaroni grill, one time the servers began clearing away the dinner plates before we had even finished our meal, don't suggest you put your knive and fork down to have a drink or your meal will be gone!
If you think about it, the long lines to get seated at OG means that people enjoy going there and are willing to wait for a good meal....right? Otherwise why would they keep going back if it was as bad as you say it is, they would be out of business, like a lot of Macaroni grills are.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Rob, they had Biscuitvilles on every corner when I lived in Greensboro. I've never seen one in Wilmington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina