Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 PM

693 posts, read 1,605,733 times

Advertisements

I kind of like sitting at home (not sulking mind you! ). Guess that shows why I'm satisfied with NB's nightlife hehehe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 07:08 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbern View Post
I kind of like sitting at home (not sulking mind you! ). Guess that shows why I'm satisfied with NB's nightlife hehehe.
Did not say it was a bad thing, that is what I do too, but if you want "night life," it is not that good a strategy.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 5,676 times
Oh my gosh people, stop complaining about the 'crime ridden area' it is not that bad! I am from the crime ridden area and I am an elementary teacher so I just maybe teaching your child! Yes I was born and raised there and yes, I still have several family members there, No, I no longer live there. However, the people there--are not third world citizens, and will not bother you if you do not bother them! Check the statistics with NBPD on any incidents involving tourists, the downtown area, and these high and mighty neighborhoods who ends up segregating the schools, thus leaving the chilldren in this area with a less comparable education, less than desirable job opportunities for their parents, and nothing to do for fun. Here is an indea... how about you try to do something positive instead of desolate an entire community!

Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let'sRebuild View Post
Oh my gosh people, stop complaining about the 'crime ridden area' it is not that bad! I am from the crime ridden area and I am an elementary teacher so I just maybe teaching your child! Yes I was born and raised there and yes, I still have several family members there, No, I no longer live there. However, the people there--are not third world citizens, and will not bother you if you do not bother them! Check the statistics with NBPD on any incidents involving tourists, the downtown area, and these high and mighty neighborhoods who ends up segregating the schools, thus leaving the chilldren in this area with a less comparable education, less than desirable job opportunities for their parents, and nothing to do for fun. Here is an indea... how about you try to do something positive instead of desolate an entire community!
Hope you don't teach English.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 AM

23 posts, read 89,696 times
I wish people wouldn't post here if they are unhappy with their lives and just trying to drive others down. If you are from Miami, well that already tells me a lot about you. Miami doesn't interest me that's why I'm here, but don't knock New Bern. And as boring.....boring is as boring sees. If you don't have much imagination or zest for living, you are going to be bored if you are waiting for someone to entertain you.

I moved here in Jan. '10 and absolutely love it. I joined the Newcomers group and have met some absolutely wonderful people. Some even from my own neck of the woods in MA as close as by a mile!! I've met folks in Greenbrier, Taberna, River Bend, Trent Woods, etc. through a walking group. I've gone on day trips with the Newcomers and have also participated in the Singles Group. Not many men to meet, but I've made some wonderful acquaintances that I look forward to seeing again and cultivating friendships. I enjoy hearing the experiences in the lives of varied folks. I find it interesting.

Where I live we have a website for things you want to sell or buy, services you need or just post a joke/story. I can honestly say that this is the best move I've made. When I walk around the river's edge at the walking trail around the Town Hall, it gives me the sense of familiarity of Cape Cod. It's a comforting feeling. I've the best neighbors who are willing to help out. The neighborhood ladies had a luncheon to welcome and meet me.

New Bern, itself, I find is interesting with it's well kept homes and gardens. As to the waterfront walk and view, well you just can't beat it. There are music venues around, but as a single person, I haven't forced myself to go, but in time, I'm sure I will. Life is great and I am soooo happy I made this move.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:04 PM

9 posts, read 27,650 times
Planning a move to New Bern at the end of the year. I have a high schooler and a middle schooler. I am a female painting contractor and from Rhode Island. I hope to bring my business with me. Does anyone know anything about the Wyndsor Park area? It is 1 mile from Craven Community College. We are from a very small town in RI and I am a little concerned about the move, as I am not so familiar with the area. Any suggestions on places to bring them for activities?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
Here's a great video on New Bern from the New Bern visitor center: http://www.visitnewbern.com/video_tour.htm

If you want to keep up with all of the news/events along coastal NC: north carolina furniture beach outer at nccoastalnews.com (http://www.nccoastalnews.com - broken link).

I own a Real Estate Agency in the area-Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Bill
Being in the real estate business, can you tell me anything about the area that Wyndsor Park apartments is in? It is off or near Elizabeth ave. Thank you!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:10 AM

Try this link:
Browse New Bern, NC and Craven County Subdivisions
I didn't see Wyndsor Park however. Great place here. Lots of transplants so it's not really a culture shock. Good luck

Old 07-23-2010, 06:16 AM

Elizabeth Ave is just off Glenburnie and very close to Hwy. 70 for easy access. The MacDonald High School is on that street.....I think it's a high school. Not sure since I'm a senior and don't have kids here, but the Newcomer meetings are held there and a great source for meeting new people. On Glenburnie, there is a number of places to food shop, post office, UPS, Chinese Restaurants in both directions. Great location to meet your initial needs until you explore further and find your way around. I've a number of friends who live in Elizabeth Downs which is down at the end. Good luck to you.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:13 AM

Danute,
Thank you for some positive information. Wyndsor Park apartments is off Blue Grass court, which is Glenburnie to Elizabeth to Race Track Road to Derby Park (or Elizabeth to Tobiano) then to Blue Grass court which burns into Wyndsor Park Drive (which is the Wyndsor Park apartments).
I got all this using google earth. Looks like a decent area, however, I know looks can be deceiving as there is a particular area in my town that is undesirable and it looks great on google earth.
Wonder if anyone knows any particulars about this area.
Thanks again.
Carol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina