Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 AM

23 posts, read 325,044 times

Advertisements

Anyone live at or know anything about the Brunswick Forest gated community? Any information, pro or con wpuld be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 01:57 PM

160 posts, read 789,694 times
Pros: Well maintained, upscale subdivision with great amenities. Reasonable amount of shopping close by.

Cons: Amenities still under construction. Over priced. Stressful commute to Wilmington on high traffic days. 30 minute drive to the closest beach.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:25 AM

107 posts, read 283,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGT View Post
Pros: Well maintained, upscale subdivision with great amenities. Reasonable amount of shopping close by.

Cons: Amenities still under construction. Over priced. Stressful commute to Wilmington on high traffic days. 30 minute drive to the closest beach.
Wellness center and pool are complete(have been for some time)tennis,, garden center is complete, golf course to open this fall. numerous parks, just had second concert the other night. hiking/ biking trails.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM

698 posts, read 3,266,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeker1 View Post
Anyone live at or know anything about the Brunswick Forest gated community? Any information, pro or con wpuld be appreciated.
Overrated and definitely overpriced.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:48 AM

450 posts, read 2,321,170 times
I hear this from "true locals" so I just wanted to mention it so you can research it for yourself and check with people who have lived there for a while, because they are the ones who would know IMO...I am not a "true local" here, have lived in NC all my life but only been in BC for less than 2 years.

I know BF was built on practically pure swampland....you can still see it bogged with water down the road where construction is not finished yet. I have heard that people have already had problems with their foundations cracking (but have had them fixed)....NOT SURE if this is true, just throwing out there as something you may want to check on. I have heard people who know the area say they would not want to buy a house there because not only are they overpriced but they think they will have foundation problems repeatedly down the road.

My OWN thoughts on this are- I don't know but I would check it out. I mean, most of the things built on that side of Highway 17 *anywhere* were once swampy/marshland. It's coastal. So I would think builders know what they're doing. I would look into it though. And nothing is overpriced, if you yourself think the price is ok for what you see you're getting. Leland may not be as accessible quickly to local beaches but I would rather live there than Wilmington, I consider the commute to be SUCH a non-issue after working in Charlotte, and it's a good choice for someone who wants to live in Brunswick rather than New hanover because South Brunswick is nice, it's more rural and closer to some reallt nice beaches (Ocean Isle, Sunset, Holden)...however, I would NOT want to work in Wilmington living in South Brunswick unless the salary WAY made up for the hour+ commute. I find the commute into Wilmington from South Brunswick (30 min south of Brunswick Forest) is pretty much ok on Hwy 17 til it bottlenecks a bit in the Leland area and approaching the bridge, then aside from the fact that Wilmington has some bad drivers- it's better than Charlotte! (The commute- I would rather live back near Charlotte.)

Old 07-23-2009, 09:58 AM

thank you, that was very helpful, especially the information about the foundations.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:18 PM

3 posts, read 14,412 times
Talking HAPPY in Brunswick Forest

My husband and I moved from San Diego, CA to Brunswick Forest at the end of 2007. We bought the house online from [URL="http://www.brunswickforest.com"]www.brunswickforest.com[/URL] as we needed to get out of the CA traffic adn bills.
WE LOVE IT HERE>
Lower taxation, easy commute to the beach, Wilmington is just the right size for us.
As far a BF is concerned, we are SOOOOO happy here, we just love it!
So many things to do here, the Wellness Ctr has tons of events and the nicest neighbors, mostly form NJ NY MD VA and PA.
There is some diversity, which pleases me, I am form CA and like a diverse non-segregated neighborhood.
Everyone is very nice, it is VERY safe (not gated, but well patrolled and we are getting a sheroiff's sub station in the community in the new shopping ctr.)
We have had several neighbors MOVE from Magnolian Greens, and Waterford across the street as this is BY FAR the best master planned community in the area.
We just love it,. great builders.
No foundation problmes in my community that I know of. that was a big concern, but the developers know their stuff. Come check it out!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM

Default happy in BF

Thank you Michellein NC. It sounds great. We will be there next Tuesday 8/11 to check it out. We appracite your comments.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:16 PM

160 posts, read 789,694 times
Make sure you hire an independent real estate broker (buyers agent). Buying a house from an onsite agent with no outside representation is an excellent way to over pay for a home and a buyers agent won't cost you any money.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 PM

214 posts, read 822,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGT View Post
Make sure you hire an independent real estate broker (buyers agent). Buying a house from an onsite agent with no outside representation is an excellent way to over pay for a home and a buyers agent won't cost you any money.
Thank you NCGT, I could not have said this better myself. Folks, if an agent does not present to you a "Working With Real Estate Agents" brochure, at first substantial contact, do yourselves a favor and ask if they are representing the Seller, the Buyer or are a Dual Agent. It will save you $$$$"s.
Buyers Agents will always represent their clients on terms and pricing, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina