Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,118 times

Advertisements

I am 16 about to become 17 and I recently got engaged to my boyfriend. Does anyone know how I can get out of my parents house and be away?Other than emancipation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 12:18 PM

983 posts, read 3,986,713 times
Get a high school education and go to college.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:40 PM

431 posts, read 1,141,468 times
I don't think there is a way. I'm pretty sure the age to marry without your parents consent is 18 in most states.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,346,282 times
North Carolina Magistrates Association - Weddings (http://www.aoc.state.nc.us/magistrate/weddings.htm - broken link)

Old 08-14-2009, 12:26 PM

135 posts, read 640,230 times
in all states you have to be 18+ to marry without parents present/a signed and notarized consent form

Old 08-14-2009, 12:32 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Go to school (and I mean college or trade school of some kind) and be financially independent first.

Otherwise you're setting yourself up for one miserable life.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post

Otherwise you're setting yourself up for one miserable life.
Could not be more true. You are making a big mistake. Married, probably with kids, and no education. Love won't last long in that situation.

I am sure you think you know best, but you are really a child. You need to go to school, get an education, get a decent job. If the boy loves you and you love the boy, that love will endure.

If you think you need to get married now, while the gettin is good, you are so, so wrong. Good Luck.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:34 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Could not be more true. You are making a big mistake. Married, probably with kids, and no education. Love won't last long in that situation.

I am sure you think you know best, but you are really a child. You need to go to school, get an education, get a decent job. If the boy loves you and you love the boy, that love will endure.

If you think you need to get married now, while the gettin is good, you are so, so wrong. Good Luck.
and please use contraception!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post

I never went to college and am faced with lower paying jobs forever. That's fine. But I told my daughter she was going to college and get an education to have and fall back on if I had to drive her everyday and sit with her. It never got that far but she finished and has a degree. And now she is thinking about what she wants to do for her Masters. She is a teacher and happily married.

Please wait. If he loves you he will be there. If your parents object try and talk to them and work with them. You are talking about the rest of your life.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey_2_be View Post
I am 16 about to become 17 and I recently got engaged to my boyfriend. Does anyone know how I can get out of my parents house and be away?Other than emancipation.
I hate being the one that has to tell me this-once you grow-up you are grown-up forever-getting married is diffenently growning up. I am well over 21yr. and honestly I did not get married at an early age and am so glad I didn't-as you grow-up life changes you and what you want from life. I hope you have a stable home life with your family but if you do not don't rush into another situation hopeing for somethin better-it will not be better-take time grow-up and find yourself within yourself. Just Imy opion based on life expierance. Options are free so take it for what it is worth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina