Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 09:48 PM

11 posts, read 51,539 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for temporary (maybe permanent) cheaper housing - my original intent was closer to Wilmington or Morehead City, but I guess this is close enough for now.

Anyway, they look nice on-line, but you know how that goes ...

At this point, I've only seen one post stating that it was BAD & not to live there, so I'm asking.... anyone??? Info about this place??

Thanks MUCH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 AM

3,070 posts, read 8,863,103 times
Price wise, for the space/quality you get, its not bad at all. You really get more than you pay for. Neighborhood wise, it is not the best, but is not unlivable. For the most part the tenants consist of two types of people low-income/HUD and Marines. I know a Marine who stayed out there with his family to save money while they looked for the house (rated about $1K/month for housing and was paying $450 for a 3 bedroom).

Also, there are different areas of the complex. Experiences can vary widely just by which part you live. I have a an 8 and 5 yr old. I would not live there. Though if I was single or even newly married it'd be an option. albeit a temporary one.

In short, fine short term to save money, would not live their indefinitely. here are some other ratings:
Apartment Ratings :: Question - Does anyone know anything about the town center apartments in Jacksonville, NC? I'd like to know the good and bad.

Town Center Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Jacksonville apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 09-03-2009, 05:44 AM

3,070 posts, read 8,863,103 times
P.S.

You might want to look for apartments in Havelock or Hubert. They are just outside of Carteret county and thus cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina