Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 PM

120 posts, read 251,870 times

Advertisements

We are moving down to Wilmington next week and we are trying to figure out which companies provide the best service at the best price.

I read the TimeWarner website and it seems pretty expensive once the initial offering expires, plus I think you have to have extra charges for additional TV's in the house. There must be a better deal for a bundle package out there.

I noticed that FIOS is not offered there, either. How's the Dish network service, if at all? Etc. Whatever you can offer would be terrific.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 06:29 AM

135 posts, read 640,272 times
they do have some rather attractive bundle deals, providing that you lock in for 1 or 2 years and that you get cable, internet, and phone. I've got TWC for the internet and it's pretty decent. The customer service rep was awesome in figuring out what was wrong the day after a lightening storm. But i have no idea about cable, sorry i can't help you there.

For the step up from dial-up, i think they call it roadrunner lite, i pay $35/mo, pretty decent for surfing the internet etc. i watch movies through netflix all the time and never have lag or anything.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:57 PM

36 posts, read 140,483 times
I live in Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgaw and i have the latest internet service on the market..I have AOL...It is pretty fast..It takes 1 hour to watch a 5 minute movie clip..I love it...

Old 09-04-2009, 04:33 PM

291 posts, read 869,850 times
We have dsl with att - they bundle their services with direct-tv and we felt we got a pretty good deal...and it works very well.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:16 PM

[quote=MTNesters;10612975]We have dsl with att - they bundle their services with direct-tv and we felt we got a pretty good deal...and it works very well.[/quoteWell does it beat AOL...TRY BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGAW....WE have high speed....

Old 09-05-2009, 05:16 PM

169 posts, read 583,149 times
Time Warner is the fastest, and most reliable, with fairly good customer service (depends on who you get). As you noted they are quite expensive.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDregs View Post
Time Warner is the fastest, and most reliable, with fairly good customer service (depends on who you get). As you noted they are quite expensive.
...IN Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgaw it is expensive too...$10.00 per month......But the internet is great...It takes 1 hour of dowload time to watch a 5 minute movie clip....Can not beat it...My neighbor down the road it takes 2 hours of down load time to watch the same clip.....He told me he wish he had my ISP...I told him be patient..The company i deal with will be in his neighborhood with service in 10 years.....It took me 15 years to get the service i have...It was well worth it...All the neighbors are amazed at the service i am getting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina