Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 06:15 AM

8 posts, read 27,930 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering rounding up some family and friends and renting a place at the beach for a week this summer.

Since moving here a year and a half ago, we've gone plenty of times for a few days, but we stay at a hotel inland. We don't have any experience with the house/condo rental thing. Could you help us by:

1. Recommending rental companies
2. Suggesting when we need to rent. When do prime weeks in the summer rent? If we hold out until the last minute, can we get a better deal? If we hold out until the last minute, do we risk not being able to get a place at all?
3. Giving some other tips we might not have thought of?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 02:32 PM

572 posts, read 1,610,588 times
Wrightsville will be the most expensive, Topsail the least expensive. Rates are higher between Memorial and Labor Day. Houses costs more than condos or apartments. The closer to the water you get the more expensive it gets with ocean front costing the most. Don't wait until the last minute and do an internet search containing "rental" and whatever beach you want to go to. You'll get 100's of results.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM

135 posts, read 640,372 times
you might want to check out vrbo.com for some options, many of the houses on wrightsville seem to go through intracoastal realty, but there are several other companies out there that rent places.

Depending on what you want to be your vacation to be like would probably answer the question of where to go.

Many places tend to get booked up first for July 4th, and then late july/early august. My family rents a beach house each year up at Atlantic Beach and we always try to book it before the end of Feb. so we can get the date we want

Old 01-08-2010, 08:22 AM

955 posts, read 4,089,311 times
Contact 21st Century for rentals at Topsail. The sooner the better, the summer months are almost booked. (We always take pets with us, so those rentals may fill earlier than the normal rentals).

Old 01-08-2010, 02:35 PM

413 posts, read 701,445 times
I live in Surf City on Topsail and used to rent my place through VRBO.com. Another realty company I'd reccomend is Topsail Realty, they handle most of the rentals for Topsail Beach which was my favorite part of the island to rent in (as a full-time resident, I prefer my Surf City location). Its the south end of the island which can be a long drive down, but is quieter with less traffic and has a beautifull soundside as well as oceanside beach. The little kids usually prefer swimming in the sound. When I was renting my place I found that July filled up first, followed by June then August. I started getting reservations about this time of year and was usually fully booked by March. The end of August was slowest to rent. Topsail rents mostly to North Carolinians and their kids start back to school in early August. You might get some deals on those weeks if you wait, but anything prime will be long gone.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:02 AM

551 posts, read 1,875,402 times
If you are thinking about Carolina Beach, I recommend Victory Beach Rentals. We rented a place for two months and it was very nice. When we moved out they not only returned our full security deposit but another check for partial rent refund. Had no idea that was coming. Honest agency, nice people, and if you like Carolina Beach (we do) its a great place.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 AM

8 posts, read 27,930 times
Thanks for all the replies. Will post back with experiences if we can get people together like we hope we can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina