Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 02:12 PM

39 posts, read 126,070 times

Advertisements

You can get some excellent deals on homes, here, right now. I'd recommend the Neuse Realty, on Broad Creek Road just before you enter Fairfield Harbour. You can get a nice lunch at the pro shop, or, if you continue down Broad Creek, just past the course, and take a right on to Marina Drive, there's a nice restaurant overlooking the marina. (We live on the Harbour Pointe side -- properties are a bit larger, and we have more trees, so the folks have nicknamed us "the Dark Side.") We have brick houses on both sides. The realtor can help you more than I. I do hope you'll stop by and give us a good look. We're a very friendly bunch of down-to-earth people who like to stay busy with all sorts of things. Have a safe trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 06:31 AM

183 posts, read 326,515 times
Thank you so much bogey1 you have been very helpful.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:45 AM

can you give me a reference for a decent hotel to stay at next week? We are coming to New Bern for a few days during the week of SEPT.20-27

Old 09-17-2014, 11:52 AM

Default Some New Bern hotel options for you

Here are some choices for you, with reviews. To be honest, I haven't stayed in a hotel here, so, I can't give you a personal recommendation. I would ignore the Havelock ones -- that's a healthy ride from New Bern, and there's not too much in Havelock to interest you.

For scenery, the Bridgepointe is right at the junction of the Neuse and Trent rivers, and very close to an Outback. The Courtyard is right on the Trent, next to a park, and walking distance to the old, historic section of town and a Persimmons waterfront restaurant. The Doubletree is right in town, walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. The Hampton Inn is new, but in the newer, Walmart, supermarket part of town -- not walkable to the historic section. The Comfort Suites are new, but in James City -- not in New Bern, so, you'd be driving a bit. The Holiday Inn, the Springhill, and Comfort Suites are more for convenience to the airport, than access to historic New Bern.

Of course, the Waterwood Townhouses are on site in FH... :-)

Hope you have excellent weather and a safe trip!

Hotels in New Bern. Book your hotel now! - Booking.com

Old 09-19-2014, 10:58 AM

thanks we actually found out that the person who will interview my girlfriend for a position in new bern lives in Fairfield Harbour.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:23 PM

That's terrific! Wish your girlfriend luck and have a good trip. (Remember, talk to us while you're here! :-) If you leave your license, you can drive throughout the Harbour and get a good feeling for what it would be like to live here. Enjoy!)

Old 09-19-2014, 12:56 PM

we are definitley coming through the community! thanks

Old 09-26-2014, 11:09 AM

We drove through the community and saw to many homes in need of reair and which were vacant.There were many beautiful homes but not enough to quell our uneasy feeling.River Bend ,Brices Creek and Trent Woods were more appealing to us.thanks for your info though.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:16 PM

I've been thinking of you and wishing you'd had better weather for your visit to this area. It was a wet week!

Sorry we couldn't entice you to stay, but thank you for your comments, and thanks for stopping by. We do have our senior citizens who are looking to move nearer to grown children or to relocate in assisted living communities. We also have school buses, now; our population is changing.

The areas you mentioned are, indeed, quite nice -- but more "neighborhood" than "community," in terms of clubs and activities. You won't have the same closeness you would in a community. However, I sense that you're not of retirement age yet, and working, so, perhaps that's not important right now. I'm so glad you did stop by, though, and that you decided for yourselves what's best for you. Good luck to you both!

Old 09-27-2014, 03:44 PM

I actually retired when i was 56 lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina