Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:18 PM

720 posts, read 1,714,294 times

Advertisements

Woohoo I'm a lot owner in FFH and am following all of the above on the various web sites--if any of the "rabblerousers" find this site.......well, I don't think it will add to FFH's appeal. Trying to decide where to settle in 3 years or so----it IS a beautiful community----hope this amenities issue sorts itself out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 03:45 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,776,855 times
This soap opera has me intrigued.

Bogey1 clearly your position is known.

For the slow, like me, could you provide 2 or three sentences, NOT the History of Rock and ROll, on each "sides" perspective. AND could you provide 2 or 3 sentences about what kind of folks are in each camp, and then, could you provide one short summary as if you were espousing the other sides view. Thanks. Hope the good guys, and I "assume" that is you, continue to win.

Oh, by the way, I haven't a dog in the fight, I live in New Bern and am happy where I am. Just curious about what is going on across the river. I fish over that way frequently, though.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:31 PM

3 posts, read 16,909 times
Thanks Bogey 1. I am looking to buy a townhouse and love the updates. Keep up the great work. Power to the people!!!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:20 AM

39 posts, read 126,877 times
Default FH "sides" in a nutshell, as requested

FHPORT: Oppose any attempt to reclaim neglected amenities from MidSouth(present owner), which is barred from developing the Inner Harbour shoreline until 2013 -- UNLESS the BOD chooses NOT to enforce the ban. Varying side positions: those who don't use the amenities shouldn't have to pay to maintain them; they're not important/ don't impact property values; 'Wait long enough and MS will give it all up." FHPORT/BOD composition of some builders who refuse to divulge their plans for the harbour, and other land within FH has majority of us suspicious, and determined to defeat them.

Majority position: FH was beautiful combo of sheltered waters, championship courses, restaurant/clubhouse/pool, and a friendly, supportive (gated) community of lovely homes and great folks looking for an active lifestyle. We've still got the people and the homes, but MidSouth -- who purchased, we discovered, with only development in mind, took our annual amenities fees for 10 years and left us with only memories. We want the community (POA) to purchase them via long-term loan, restore them, and recover our lifestyle -- and our property values.

Added problem: MS insists on making a profit over purchase price, and is appealing the $1.45 million judgment we won against them. Side issue: group of POs suing MS over whether amenities fees are legal. Summary judgment soon. If they win, MS may be more willing to talk sense.

Sorry. That's as brief as I can make it! Hope this answers your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
This soap opera has me intrigued.

Bogey1 clearly your position is known.

For the slow, like me, could you provide 2 or three sentences, NOT the History of Rock and ROll, on each "sides" perspective. AND could you provide 2 or 3 sentences about what kind of folks are in each camp, and then, could you provide one short summary as if you were espousing the other sides view. Thanks. Hope the good guys, and I "assume" that is you, continue to win.

Oh, by the way, I haven't a dog in the fight, I live in New Bern and am happy where I am. Just curious about what is going on across the river. I fish over that way frequently, though.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 AM

We do, too! We're fighting as hard as we can!

Old 09-19-2010, 06:41 AM

2 posts, read 11,422 times
We are owners in FFH who don't yet live there. We are very pleased that the POA is taking strong steps to ensure the community's future by fighting for the amenities and securing our investment. We love the waterways, marinas, docks, and small parks in the community; and the open natural feeling the golf courses give. We hear talk about the possibility of hiking trails, kayack launches, and parkland in place of one of the two golf courses, if the community gets the land from MidSouth. This would thrill us. We want to find the beauty we bought when we finally make it to New Bern.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,776,855 times
Good luck in FFH. I hope it works out for all the folks that own land and lots out there.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:56 PM

Hi, Womanof Gotham,

I'm so happy to hear you're on our side! Would you mind my copying your post and sending it to the POA? They'd appreciate your encouraging words!

Also, I'm sure you've heard that the POA has received q written threat of a suit, should they attempt to purchase. That letter provided the physical evidence they needed to seek a "Declaratory Judgment" on whether or not they can purchase the properties on behalf of the community. Our lawyer believes we are certain to win the judgment -- which should put an end to much of the legal bickering, anyway. So, keep your fingers crossed! (Judgment should be in November -- we hope.)

Again, if you don't mind, I'd like to copy your message for the POA. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanofGotham View Post
We are owners in FFH who don't yet live there. We are very pleased that the POA is taking strong steps to ensure the community's future by fighting for the amenities and securing our investment. We love the waterways, marinas, docks, and small parks in the community; and the open natural feeling the golf courses give. We hear talk about the possibility of hiking trails, kayack launches, and parkland in place of one of the two golf courses, if the community gets the land from MidSouth. This would thrill us. We want to find the beauty we bought when we finally make it to New Bern.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:24 PM

2 posts, read 11,422 times
Dear Bogey1:
After reading your note I wrote to the POA , told them I found this message board on City Data and that I posted in support of their work to acquire the land from MidSouth. We have friends here in Gotham, also property owners waiting to move to Fairfield Harbor, who want to see the POA acquire MidSouth's. As we do, they love the natural beauty in Fairfield Harbor and want to find it when they arrive. The potential is enormous.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 PM

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much for your encouragement and your support! The POA-BOD has formally petitioned for a Declaratory Judgment which will decide, once and for all, whether the POA has the legal right to purchase and use future dues to pay off the loan we'd take out.(Court date has not yet been set) If the judge rules in our favor -- as our lawyer is convinced he will (but keep your fingers crossed anyway!), the ruling will silence the rather vocal minority threatening to sue. Then, we can proceed with the negotiations with MidSouth. If MidSouth refuses to deal, we are already working on a plan B, and a plan C. We are not giving up.

You are absolutely correct. The potential is enormous.

Best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanofGotham View Post
Dear Bogey1:
After reading your note I wrote to the POA , told them I found this message board on City Data and that I posted in support of their work to acquire the land from MidSouth. We have friends here in Gotham, also property owners waiting to move to Fairfield Harbor, who want to see the POA acquire MidSouth's. As we do, they love the natural beauty in Fairfield Harbor and want to find it when they arrive. The potential is enormous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina