Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 01:07 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this area? I received a brochure in the mail today, totally unsolicited. However, it looks very nice. I would welcome any info regarding this beach area. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2006, 05:12 PM

311 posts, read 618,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl
Does anyone know anything about this area? I received a brochure in the mail today, totally unsolicited. However, it looks very nice. I would welcome any info regarding this beach area. Thanks.
Ocean Isle, NC is located in Brunswick County (almost on SC border). Isle of Palms is located in SC south of Charleston. I've never heard of Ocean Isle Palms....is this a resort? If so, where is it located?

Old 07-31-2006, 05:15 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,976 times
I get alot of unsolicated mail on several NC/SC properties. Most of the time I've never heard of these places so I usually checked on the web and found nothing. It appears to me that it's just recent developed. To me, it's kinda of they're in desperate finding buyers. It's happening everywhere in the USA.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:45 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
There is a map on the back of the brochure, and it looks to be a little north of Sunset Beach. It appears that Myrtle Beach is probably 50-100 miles away, east of Route 304 and south of Route 179.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 AM

24 posts, read 73,604 times
Default for vacation or home purchase?

I've been to Ocean Isle Beach for summer vacations for years, but I'm not familiar with the Ocean Isle Palms. Is that a new housing development? It's reasonably close from Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. Yes, it's right near the SC border. It's between Sunset Beach and Holden Beach. Does that help?

Old 08-15-2006, 10:47 AM

24 posts, read 73,604 times
Ok, from what I could tell driving by last week, Ocean Isle Palms is being developed where the Ocean Isle Beach golf course used to be. Looks like it is just in the starting phases of development - didn't seem to be too much built yet, but I didn't drive in so there may be more than I could see from the road. There were tons of billboards on the way there. It's not an ocean front community - the ocean's about 2 miles away, and the intercoastal waterway about 1 mile away. But, there is public access at spots along the beach. It is a nice area.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:42 AM

5 posts, read 14,068 times
Can anybody tell me the development status of a community known as Ocean Isle Palms? The property is located about 2 miles from the ocean in Brunswick County, North Carolina?

Previously I saw where they where building a Coastal / Carribean style community around that area. I have not been around the area lately and was wondering how (if) the progress was coming along as expected. Please let me know if anyone has any insight.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 PM

197 posts, read 957,941 times
I drove by there about a month ago and it basically looked like they've closed the old Ocean Isle golf course. I didn't see a whole lot going on, but I didn't pay real close attention, either. I think they're in "pre-development," meaning they're selling lots (I've heard around 1/4 of an acre, but not sure about that) in the $200s.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,060 times
Default ocean isle palms

I visited and yes it was pricey at $200 and up for @ 1/3 acre. No homes up yet but the other communites built by this group were top notch.
Would like to know if any one if familiar with the builders/area /schools.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:53 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times
Ocean Isle Palm is a new community being developed by Coastal Communities, Mark Saunders is the owner. He has developed Ocean Ridge, Rivers Edge and at least one other gated community in Brunswick Co. (I forget the name of it).
Up here (in the NE) we have been bombarded by brochures, invitations etc. to come on down and take a look.
We were there in May and dropped into their sales office to check them out.
You guys are all right about the location & price (although they say sales are "brisk" so the prices are creeping up).
Coastal Communities has their list of recommended builders.
The school district is South Brunswick Co. don't know a darn thing about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina