Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:13 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,743 times

Advertisements

Source: Pac-10 Conference poised to invite 6 Big 12 Conference teams - ESPN

PAC 16, anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
I don't really care too much as long as Oklahoma continues to play Texas and Oklahoma State each year.

If no one else wound up leaving [doesn't look likely now,] I'd say they should just continue with 11 and have a setup similar to how the Big Ten is now.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
I'd like to see Arkansas in the Big 12. They've never really taken off in the SEC and they have a HUGE alumni base in Texas. Come on home Arkansas.
A lot of Arkansas fans would have liked to go back too, just for the old rivalries and the shorter travel for away games. The mail problem was the money. With the SEC revenue sharing, it would have been crazy for the Hogs to leave. With these latest developments, it is all but certain that it won't happen any time soon.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,824,213 times
Welcome to the Big Ten, Nebraska. Of course, it's not really the Big Ten. It's been eleven for quite awhile. With you, the name will be gone along with the number. The Big Dozen? Who knows. We'll see. Especially since it doesn't look like we'll freeze frame at 12.

But welcome to the Big Ten anyway, Nebraska, although identity change is a bit hard to take. It's no more Big Ten. But then again, you're no longer NU either.

So welcome to the Big Dozen, UN or U of N or even though you don't like to use it in sports: UNL. You're not NU. NU is in Evanston, not Lincoln. Indeed in this neck of the woods, we spell right even if we can't add (tenleven?) IU is IU because there is no University of Indiana.

So welcome to the Not So Sweet Sixteen or NFL Lite, U o N. May we all live happily ever after, although I don't suspect that will be the case for KU, K-State, or Ia State, three schools with no place to go at the brand new, trendy, over-the-top party that has become college sports today. You've come along way, baby: unfortunately, no in the right direction

Old 06-10-2010, 06:12 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Welcome to the Big Ten, Nebraska. Of course, it's not really the Big Ten. It's been eleven for quite awhile. With you, the name will be gone along with the number. The Big Dozen? Who knows. We'll see. Especially since it doesn't look like we'll freeze frame at 12.

But welcome to the Big Ten anyway, Nebraska, although identity change is a bit hard to take. It's no more Big Ten. But then again, you're no longer NU either.

So welcome to the Big Dozen, UN or U of N or even though you don't like to use it in sports: UNL. You're not NU. NU is in Evanston, not Lincoln. Indeed in this neck of the woods, we spell right even if we can't add (tenleven?) IU is IU because there is no University of Indiana.

So welcome to the Not So Sweet Sixteen or NFL Lite, U o N. May we all live happily ever after, although I don't suspect that will be the case for KU, K-State, or Ia State, three schools with no place to go at the brand new, trendy, over-the-top party that has become college sports today. You've come along way, baby: unfortunately, no in the right direction

We will stay the Big Ten. The Atlantic 10 has much more than 10 teams, and a school in St. Louis. Nothing wrong with the name Big Ten.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 06-10-2010 at 06:35 AM..

Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
And guess what? Mulcahay is long gone. Can OU say that about the coaches who allow all sorts of thugs into their school?

You're niave, son. No use arguing with you boy.

Um yea. We invented college football. Your beloved thug U's football team wouldn't exist if not for us.

I know y'all played back in the 1800s, but if you think you're relevant, then that Rutgers education went to waste. Heck, Ford invented cars, but I sure in the heck would rather drive a Porsche. What have you done lately? (that's a rhetorical question...the answer is "nothing!") It's called reality, check into it...

Now that is "Sober Reason"

And we'd curbstomp you in the class room.

Oh my god, are you really trying to argue with that? Classroom, good gosh.

Come talk to me when your team can pass a criminal background check.
Get off your pulpit, son. RU athletes are not some saintly bunch. To think that your athletes are somehow better humans is just ignorant.

Enjoy the Papajohns pizza bowl. Now seriously, time to get the money you owe Daddy (Oregon-Nike). Daddy needs some new shoes.

***I'm still not sure if you have a football team. I'm pretty sure I was watching St. John Bosco playing in worthless bowls like the Texas Bowl. But, if you say you have a team, maybe I was just watching some lower tier football team with mediocre players, but Rhodes scholars in the classroom.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:08 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Back on topic. So, I'm curious if Missouri will be offered. Sounds like Notre Dame is back in the mix. Should be interesting next week...or the next hour the way this is playing out.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:18 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,824,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
We will stay the Big Ten. The Atlantic 10 has much more than 10 teams, and a school in St. Louis. Nothing wrong with the name Big Ten.
don't bet on, Toxic. It's only the 11 that was temporary and sounded silly. I'm betting we're the Big Dozen. Or the Sweet 16 if it came to that (OK..that one I don't believe. But Big Dozen, I do)

Old 06-10-2010, 10:38 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Reports are the Colorado is set to accept the invitation to the Pac-10.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:39 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,022,641 times
610 Sports radio expresses worry for not only KU, K-State but MU as well cause there is no word on Mizzou invite to Big 10 yet. They also hate Texas and don't understand their move when they potentially loose their hegemony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football