Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:53 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,517,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Bama plays 5 SEC teams after their opponents come off of a bye week. That is HUGE!! 5 SEC teams will have two weeks to prepare for 'Bama. They'll be lucky to go 3-2 during that stretch.

There will be only one undefeated team at the end of the year, BSU or Va Tech. tOSU will have one loss. Everyone else will have 2 or more.

I really like Va Tech. Solid D, improving QB (unreal arm strength) awesome RB.

Plain and simple though, as much as I hate to admit it, BSU has loads of talent and one of the best QB's in FBS. Not to mention top notch coaching. It's not really a home game for Va Tech. (Stadiums do matter) With Chris Peterson salivating over this game for 6 months, I have to give BSU the edge and the only team with an inside track to the BCS CG. This year if they run the table, make no mistake, they will be playing in Glendale on Jan 10.
I just have to wonder is Va. Tech that far above everyone else in the ACC this year? Or will the ACC be like last year with a crowded field which other conferences might be as well this year with nobody getting out clean.

Also what teams do you see that are under the radar now that might be underrated? On the flip side which highly ranked teams to start are at a risk of being overrated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:03 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog View Post
I just have to wonder is Va. Tech that far above everyone else in the ACC this year? Or will the ACC be like last year with a crowded field which other conferences might be as well this year with nobody getting out clean.

Also what teams do you see that are under the radar now that might be underrated? On the flip side which highly ranked teams to start are at a risk of being overrated?
I think so. I think Virginia Tech is pretty good...and everyone else in the ACC is mediocre. I think Oklahoma is pretty good too.

I think Alabama, Georgia, Oregon...are much better teams...but their conferences will let them down.

I just have a feeling, after this year we are going to get much closer to a true playoff system. I am at the point I want to see it now...I fought it for so long.

Man am I glad that Gridiron is right around the corner...so excited.

ASU is going to Wisconsin this year...I might make that trip.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:51 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog View Post
I'll need to see the preseason polls first. AP should be out sometime soon.

I got Rutgers winning the Big East. I love me some Tom Savage. Lots of potential there.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,517,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I think so. I think Virginia Tech is pretty good...and everyone else in the ACC is mediocre. I think Oklahoma is pretty good too.

I think Alabama, Georgia, Oregon...are much better teams...but their conferences will let them down.

I just have a feeling, after this year we are going to get much closer to a true playoff system. I am at the point I want to see it now...I fought it for so long.

Man am I glad that Gridiron is right around the corner...so excited.

ASU is going to Wisconsin this year...I might make that trip.
Oregon I can see not doing so well after the QB got booted from the team. Oklahoma doesn't have Bradford anymore along with a number of other guys, it is hard to tell if they will be as good as expectations. Last year with Bradford injured they lost 5 games. I can see at least one of UT, OU, and Nebraska as being overrated this year.

My guess is this year might be more like 2007 and having multiple top ten teams get defeated each week, remember how many times number one changed?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:24 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
If this is going to be the Official 2010 College Football Thread, I figured this would be a good place to place this link. This shows the current NFL players from each college. It includes even Canadian schools. I think LSU leads with 57, Miami at 54, and USC at 53. My Ducks have 31. Feel free to count them all and see if I made a mistake.

NFL Players by College - A - National Football League - ESPN

Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM

Oh yeah, and UW is going to take the Pac10.

You heard it here first. I am the only person in the world that is calling BSU in the BCS CG, Rutgers in the Big East, and UW in the PAC10. 3 great QB's that will get it done in conferences that are down. Don't be shocked when it happens. Just think of me.

This thread just got **offishul**.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Oh yeah, and UW is going to take the Pac10.

You heard it here first. I am the only person in the world that is calling BSU in the BCS CG, Rutgers in the Big East, and UW in the PAC10. 3 great QB's that will get it done in conferences that are down. Don't be shocked when it happens. Just think of me.

This thread just got **offishul**.
Can you please tell me why you think UW can win the Pac-10. They have not even been competitive. Oh, and for the love of everything holy, do not say it's all about Locker. They have gone 4-5, 0-9, 2-7, 3-6 the last 4 years in the Pac-10. Locker's media mystique is built on potential, not performance (and at the next level I might add).

Do you really, really think UW can win at Oregon (nope!), at USC (nope!), at Arizona, at Cal? I seriously doubt it. You may be drinking the Purple Jesus Kool-Aid, but that Dawg defense is dogs**t! The Pac-10 isn't in that much turmoil. Oregon is going to jackboot them... for 7th straight year and by over 20 points again. (Yeah, I turned jackboot into a verb).

Last edited by Acuda; 07-15-2010 at 10:50 PM..

Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Can you please tell me why you think UW can win the Pac-10. They have not even been competitive. Oh, and for the love of everything holy, do not say it's all about Locker. They have gone 4-5, 0-9, 2-7, 3-6 the last 4 years in the Pac-10. Locker's media mystique is built on potential, not performance (and at the next level I might add).

Do you really, really think UW can win at Oregon (nope!), at USC (nope!), at Arizona, at Cal? I seriously doubt it. You may be drinking the Purple Jesus Kool-Aid, but that Dawg defense is dogs**t! The Pac-10 isn't in that much turmoil. Oregon is going to jackboot them... for 7th straight year and by over 20 points again. (Yeah, I turned jackboot into a verb).
Dam!! I didn't even look at their schedule. Thats brutal. Sarkesian is bound to make an impact sometime. Its now or never. This will be the best they have been in awhile. Same goes for Texas Aggie and Baylor too.

Yes, I really think the Pac10 is going to be that bad.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:27 AM

[quote=nevergoingback;15064135]Dam!! I didn't even look at their schedule. Thats brutal. Sarkesian is bound to make an impact sometime. Its now or never. This will be the best they have been in awhile. Same goes for Texas Aggie and Baylor too.

Yes, I really think the Pac10 is going to be that bad.

Let's be honest. That's really no different than every other year.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,888 times
Texas vs OSU Nat Champ game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football