Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 10:52 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
An the Whorns, oh I had a good day yesterday if only for them losing to Iowa State AT HOME. Did you see Mack Brown's presser yesterday? He threw the team AND the coaches under the bus!

Good times, good times!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVb_DSM2wk

Man its bout time he gets pissed. As a fan of Texas you dont see Coach Brown mad or super emotional. I wanna see **** thrown and bleep this bleep that. Not sure if its the coaches or player or both, but something not smelling right down in Austin.

Oooo Greg Davis(offensive coordinator)!! Your back on my **** LIST!!!
I think it was part Greg Davis and part Gilbert. The Davis play calling was terrible (as always). But Gilbert made tons of errors (3 interceptions-- which could have been 6 if Iowa State didn't drop the ball lots of times). He also overthrew most of his receivers. Gilbert is a young quarterback, who will probably get better with time though. I'd like to see him run more... the announcer on FSN kept calling him "crazy legs Gilbert"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
It is almost funny how much joy people are getting out of the horns losing.
horns losing in austin to ISU is the funniest thing that has happened in CFB this year!!! funny as ****.

preseason ranked #4, fans thought losing their 3 best players wouldn't matter, "we don't rebuild, we reload". Last week even still talking about winning the big12!! ha ha ha!!

ut=delusional bandwagon fans= funny as ****!!

Lost to Iowa State at home!! You must not realize how huge that is!! funny as ****.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:05 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Sucks that Nebraska finally gets good on the yr they are leaving, or the Big XII North would finally be worth looking at again.
I'm just glad we don't have to play Baylor this year...they are your South Division leaders right now...

Old 10-24-2010, 11:20 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
horns losing in austin to ISU is the funniest thing that has happened in CFB this year!!! funny as ****.

preseason ranked #4, fans thought losing their 3 best players wouldn't matter, "we don't rebuild, we reload". Last week even still talking about winning the big12!! ha ha ha!!

ut=delusional bandwagon fans= funny as ****!!

Lost to Iowa State at home!! You must not realize how huge that is!! funny as ****.
Quote:
Your infatuation with TEXAS is bizarre to say the least.
Pot. Meet Kettle.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:44 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Wow, you duck fans are so classy!

It is almost funny how much joy people are getting out of the horns losing. Wow, so we should be ashamed because our program isn't dominating every team they play like they did the last 10 years? Yeah-- so ashamed... LOL. Texas football has done more than Oregon football ever will. How many national championships has Oregon won again? Oh wait... none =(
You have to be the most delusional poster on here. Go and read your old posts. You say we are classless, but you were the one to post smack about us playing cupcakes. Then you whine like a lil' girl when someone calls you out. Just a lil' hypocritical girl.

No one in Oregon (or even CD) gives a flying f**k about Texas. The only time we ever think about them is when we think back to when we smacked you in a bowl game 10 years ago. We can careless if you are good, and we can careless that you suck. We only give a darn about the good running backs we are taking from your own backyard.

You are certainly one of the powerhouse programs, but give up on the whole National Championship thing. In reality, Texas gets the best recruits year in, year out. It's a wonder why you've only won as many as you have. The future is now, and we'd curb stomp you. Now run along and put me back on ignore.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:41 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
Here's my top 10 for this week:

1. Auburn
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Boise State
5. Alabama
6. Michigan State
7. Missouri
8. Wisconsin
9. Utah
10. Oklahoma

IMO, it's almost a tie at number one between Auburn and Oregon. Oregon just keeps crushing their opponents and had a big win this week but on the other hand Auburn has had two impressive wins in a row and defeated a top ten team in their own conference this week. As a result, I'll give Auburn my number one spot for now. Missouri was very impressive last night, however, OU is still a good team overall IMO.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:45 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,080 times
I am shocked that the pollsters allowed Michigan State to jump Alabama.
Missouri jumps 11 spots to #7...wow. HUGE game in Lincoln next weekend!
And how about Baylor making an appearance in the top 25?

Old 10-24-2010, 03:49 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Does anyone think that Mizzou might just be that good?

No?

Me neither.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:21 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I am shocked that the pollsters allowed Michigan State to jump Alabama.
MSU is undefeated. Alabama is not.

Sparty should be ranked higher than 'Bama.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:52 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
Quote:
Does anyone think that Mizzou might just be that good?

No?

Me neither.
Why not? I mean in order for them to REALLY strut their stuff, they have to beat the Huskers. Still I don't buy anyone saying the "oh Oklahoma is down" so it doesn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football