Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 10:07 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Honestly right now I am thinking Oregon-TCU in the National Championship. Auburn will lose to either Alabama or South Carolina. Although who knows, if Alabama beats Auburn, maybe they jump 12 spots to #2...or maybe LSU moves up by virtue of their beatdown of UL-M.
Oh, don't let Boise State fans hear you say that. Because TCU only WON by 5 points against a (7-2) team, they'll argue it down until you can't take it anymore...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
I don't mind Oregon remaining at one... they've bought themselves the space to have a close conference game.

But... for all the football experts here...

How can you keep TCU above Boise State this year, especially if Boise beats a ranked Nevada in two weeks? I want to hear some legitimate reasons...

Old 11-14-2010, 10:51 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
I don't mind Oregon remaining at one... they've bought themselves the space to have a close conference game.

But... for all the football experts here...

How can you keep TCU above Boise State this year, especially if Boise beats a ranked Nevada in two weeks? I want to hear some legitimate reasons...
Guess it doesn't matter now. TCU's dropped.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Guess it doesn't matter now. TCU's dropped.
I think you'll take a further hit next week when Baylor loses and... Utah might very well lose to SDSU and/or BYU.

However...

While having 2 off weeks is generally a disadvantage, you get an out of sight/out of mind advantage if Boise State plays sloppy or close games at Fresno and/or Nevada. Might help you in the end.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:35 AM
JJG

Sidenote:

The most overused phrase of this week - "EXPOSED".

Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 AM

TCU retains a healthy lead in the computers but as I understand it that's also because you've played 2 more games than we have. The crunchers say playing NM might actually hurt you despite the wins. The gap narrows and Boise State probably passes TCU slightly when the season is over.

So, basically, it comes down to how well Boise plays against Fresno and Nevada. Lackluster and/or close games could sway the voters back to TCU.

Other things that might tip the balance: How Virginia Tech, Baylor, Nevada, and Utah finish the season. If Utah and Baylor win out and Va Tech and Nevada lose out that will help you dramatically. If things play out normally (Va Tech and Nevada win out, Utah wins out but Baylor drops to Oklahoma) then it favors Boise.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:33 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Good senior day win for the Wolfpack against Wake Forest. Two games to go.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:00 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Duck alumni here living a punishing existence in Boise Id for another 6 or 7 months. Please Lord, give Oregon the Broncos for dinner in the National championship. All Im hearing around here is how they beat (get this) Idaho this week while we barely beat a very strong (at home) Cal team. My Junior high team that I played on could beat Idaho. I really hope Nevada goes down to Boise. Then...IT IS ON

Old 11-14-2010, 01:03 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Duck alumni here living a punishing existence in Boise Id for another 6 or 7 months. Please Lord, give Oregon the Broncos for dinner in the National championship. All Im hearing around here is how they beat (get this) Idaho this week while we barely beat a very strong (at home) Cal team. My Junior high team that I played on could beat Idaho. I really hope Nevada goes down to Boise. Then...IT IS ON
Try being a TCU fan in Fort Worth..... You're surrounded by UT, A&M, and Okie fans.

It's been yet another crazy year. Sad to say it, but I see yet another school (maybe more than one) get screwed this year.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:11 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Try being a TCU fan in Fort Worth..... You're surrounded by UT, A&M, and Okie fans.

It's been yet another crazy year. Sad to say it, but I see yet another school (maybe more than one) get screwed this year.
Nobody got screwed so far this season.

The BCS ranking only matters at the end of the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football