Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 06:18 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,245,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Oh stop. Fans bring up the past ALL of the time, especially with regard to Boise State. And we're talking last year and two, not two decades ago.

The Boise State team that played Oregon last year is almost to a man the same team, sans Kyle Wilson and Richie Brockel. The guys are a year older, more experienced, and better. It's not a stretch to say Boise is a better team than Oregon, based both on last year and this year.

That said, I do think Oregon has proved themselves this year to be the #1 team in the nation thus far. I don't think their O is as impressive as made out to be, but I think their D is better than thought too. Their SOS sucks, but is still better than BSU and TCU, so here we are.

I just hope we get to play you in the NC.
If we play you, its going to wear out our Duck with all those push ups.

Just heard a funny comment on ESPN Radio this early morning: " BSU beats Fresno State on Friday, well of course they did....all high school games are played on Friday, right?" (B U R N)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 09:54 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,673,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
If we play you, its going to wear out our Duck with all those push ups.

Just heard a funny comment on ESPN Radio this early morning: " BSU beats Fresno State on Friday, well of course they did....all high school games are played on Friday, right?" (B U R N)
That's pretty funny, actually.

To be perfectly honest, I don't worry a lick about playing Oregon or Auburn. If you look at Boise's track record, they ALWAYS shut down a team's best facet of the offense. The exceptions have been last year at Fresno State, and then going clear back to 2007 when Chris Johnson ran wild on us.

That's not saying who I think will win... just that I'm confident it will be close and tight the whole way.

I'm actually worried more about playing a team like Wisconsin - huge, huge team that runs over everyone, but can still throw and has great special teams.

Oregon is built more like us, and our D is built more for Oregon like teams.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:08 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,444,296 times
Quote:
That's pretty funny, actually.

To be perfectly honest, I don't worry a lick about playing Oregon or Auburn. If you look at Boise's track record, they ALWAYS shut down a team's best facet of the offense. The exceptions have been last year at Fresno State, and then going clear back to 2007 when Chris Johnson ran wild on us.

That's not saying who I think will win... just that I'm confident it will be close and tight the whole way.

I'm actually worried more about playing a team like Wisconsin - huge, huge team that runs over everyone, but can still throw and has great special teams.

Oregon is built more like us, and our D is built more for Oregon like teams.
So how do explain Darron Thomas coming in and throwing for 210 yards and 3 tds on y'all (in the 4th alone)? And in 2008, you didn't exactly shut down Oregon's running game as the Ducks piled up over 220 yards. Defensively, you only rushed for a total of 38 yards. The biggest reason was the fact that Chris Harper could not throw the ball at all (and subsequently transferred) and the Ducks turned it over a ton of times.

All in fun

Last edited by Acuda; 11-21-2010 at 02:25 PM..

Old 11-21-2010, 02:30 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,804,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Holy crap bro. If I hated College football as much as you did, I surely wouldn't watch it.

None of this (BCS) is new.

fwiw, I don't "support" any system. I watch every OU game, that is all. I wake up looking forward to it. It makes my day. I get pumped, excited, and smiley all at once.
lol

Wow, dude. You just don't get it do you? The reason why I have such a big issue with this is because I LOVE the game. But the way it's set up, is b.s.

It always has been, and it will be until there's a TRUE way to determine who's the best.

Besides, with you bein' an OU fan, it's easy to see why you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:32 PM

5,004 posts, read 7,846,055 times
Bama over Auburn (close game)
Boise over Nevada (three touchdowns or more)
Arizona over Oregon (Mike Stoops will have that D ready)
Arkansas over LSU (This season's biggest fraud).
Aggies over Texas
Oak St over Boomer Sooner

This could be the best week in college football since SC knocked off Bama.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:39 PM

977 posts, read 1,947,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Totally agree.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:06 PM

8,746 posts, read 8,999,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Bama over Auburn (close game)
Boise over Nevada (three touchdowns or more)
Arizona over Oregon (Mike Stoops will have that D ready)
Aggies over Texas
Oak St over Boomer Sooner

This could be the best week in college football since SC knocked off Bama.
Yeah, there are definitely going to be some great games this week! I agree with all of your predictions, except Arizona vs Oregon, I'll take the Ducks in that one.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:06 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,673,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
So how do explain Darron Thomas coming in and throwing for 210 yards and 3 tds on y'all (in the 4th alone)? And in 2008, you didn't exactly shut down Oregon's running game as the Ducks piled up over 220 yards. Defensively, you only rushed for a total of 38 yards. The biggest reason was the fact that Chris Harper could not throw the ball at all (and subsequently transferred) and the Ducks turned it over a ton of times.

All in fun
Didn't game plan for D Thomas. And to his credit, burning a redshirt and coming in to play QB in a game which you're down, he's a gamer. As for the rest... we hear excuses every time we beat a team. From Oregon (twice) to TCU to Virginia Tech... whatever. If you need the excuses use them. I'll just point out... that game was Kellen Moore's very first road game and he was a freshman. So...

My only response - and the stats show this - is our defense has improved dramatically from 2008 to now. We weren't great in 2008. We were really last year but this year I fully believe we have an elite defense and among the best in college football.

We'll see. Our computer guys say Boise will be behind TCU for one more week, by 5/1000's of a point. But next we, if we beat Nevada, we should be firmly above them.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:51 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,245,417 times
Quote:
Didn't game plan for D Thomas. And to his credit, burning a redshirt and coming in to play QB in a game which you're down, he's a gamer. As for the rest... we hear excuses every time we beat a team. From Oregon (twice) to TCU to Virginia Tech... whatever. If you need the excuses use them. I'll just point out... that game was Kellen Moore's very first road game and he was a freshman. So...

My only response - and the stats show this - is our defense has improved dramatically from 2008 to now. We weren't great in 2008. We were really last year but this year I fully believe we have an elite defense and among the best in college football.

We'll see. Our computer guys say Boise will be behind TCU for one more week, by 5/1000's of a point. But next we, if we beat Nevada, we should be firmly above them.
Since Im sure Bama is going to unseat Auburn, BSU really needs to destroy Nevada next week. That will put BSU and Oregon against eachother in January. Im not sure why your not number 3, as I also have little respect for TCU, but here we are.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:07 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,444,296 times
On a side note, Oregon picks up a huge recruit out of Dallas Skyline, 5 star LB, Anthony Wallace (#5 LB in the nation). He chose us over well, everyone. The Ducks are now starting to land big name defensive players and as we all know, defense wins championships. Our accession to the ranks of the elite programs is happening before our eyes. The last component will be a National Championship. Hopefully we can get that taken care of this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football