Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
...and Stanford dismantled Cal, too. Hell, that means Stanford would murder Oregon by at least 40 and should be in the championship game...wait, well...I guess not. Can we please stop trying to prove a point by comparing how teams performed against a mutual opponet?

Also, not all "bad" teams are created equal. Comparing ASU, UW, Tenn, and UCLA to teams like San Jose State, UNLV, Idaho, and New Mexico State is ridiculous at best. If you want to compare schedules, line them up from top to bottom and quit cherry-picking.

Here's the Sagarin rankings after this week:

SOS:
19 Oregon
24 Auburn
62 Boise State
76 TCU

Record vs. top 10 teams:
Auburn 2-0
Oregon 1-0
Boise 0-0
TCU 0-0

Record vs. top 30 teams:
Auburn 5-0
Oregon 4-0
TCU 2-0
Boise 2-1

Keep in mind that this year is likely the toughest schedule BSU has ever played, so the disparity would be much larger in prior years.
This time I will type s-l-o-w-l-y so the resident genuises will get it - I was responding to the "Boise State plays nobody" routine by showing the killer schedule Oregon played (psst. NMSU beat UNM this year - so now I guess that messes up everything!)

Yup, I'm a Wazzu fan - and that's pertinent how???

Holy Garfield Batman - Wazzu beat Oregon State by 17 while Boise State only beat OSU by 13 - so that means Wazzu is now better than BSU, right? Right?

So sorry I brought an actual point to the debate - please rant on with copy & paste research!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 04:51 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
This time I will type s-l-o-w-l-y so the resident genuises will get it - I was responding to the "Boise State plays nobody" routine by showing the killer schedule Oregon played (psst. NMSU beat UNM this year - so now I guess that messes up everything!)

Yup, I'm a Wazzu fan - and that's pertinent how???

Holy Garfield Batman - Wazzu beat Oregon State by 17 while Boise State only beat OSU by 13 - so that means Wazzu is now better than BSU, right? Right?

So sorry I brought an actual point to the debate - please rant on with copy & paste research!
Brush up on your reading comprehension and then re-read my response to your post. Your "point" was addressed.

Last edited by truckingbronco; 11-30-2010 at 05:09 PM..

Old 11-30-2010, 07:01 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Containment will once again be an issue this Saturday. zing!! Bo is going to be pissed. bazinga!!!
http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2010/10/340x_pelini.jpg (broken link)

Bugeaters are going down. Time to show you the Big12 door with a proper OU beatdown!!

I wouldn't want your stay in the Big 12 to end any other way. Hope it's one for the ages. Good luck (not really) Big Red North.

BOOMER!!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:58 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Containment will once again be an issue this Saturday. zing!! Bo is going to be pissed. bazinga!!!

Bugeaters are going down. Time to show you the Big12 door with a proper OU beatdown!!

I wouldn't want your stay in the Big 12 to end any other way. Hope it's one for the ages. Good luck (not really) Big Red North.

BOOMER!!
I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, I hate OU. On the other hand, I want Nebraska to go down because they are leaving...
If only they could both lose...

Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, I hate OU. On the other hand, I want Nebraska to go down because they are leaving...
If only they could both lose...
Yeah, I feel you, except last year I was pulling hard for the black shirts. The consensus I'm hearing from OSU and ut fans alike is they are hoping for a meteor strike, a black hole swallowing up the field, or maybe a locust swarm (coming from some of the nicer fans).

Maybe if texas would have let the bugeaters win once in awhile they wouldn't be taking their ball home to go play with those little boys from the north.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times
Oklahoma won't have an answer for QB Rex Burkhead. Enjoy what's left of your conference.

GO BIG RED

Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Oklahoma won't have an answer for QB Rex Burkhead. Enjoy what's left of your conference.

GO BIG RED
Hope they enjoy the Big 12 title game next year. Oh wait.......

GBR

Old 11-30-2010, 11:29 PM

In the spirit of OU-Neb.... here ya go.

Resident bugeaters, please share your favs as well. (except that KO return with like 3 Neb clips in it, I don't need to see that again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrhHb...=27&playnext=2

Keith Jackson calling Keith Jackson. Classic! What are the chances that we see Jackson sometime on Saturday? I'm thinkin 75%. whoaaaaa Nebraska!! There is so much to love about this matchup.

BOOMER!!

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-30-2010 at 11:38 PM..

Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
'bugeater' is a new one for me. can anyone clarify?

is that like a clemson 'tater' ?

Old 12-01-2010, 08:53 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
It's a shame TCU, Utah, and BYU are leaving the Mountain West. Had those teams stayed and the addition of Boise and Nevada, they'd be a top notch conference. The addition of Hawaii and Fresno State wouldn't hurt either.

Boise flat out got beat by a good Nevada team on the road. A true national championship caliber team finds a way to hang on to the 24-7 lead they took into halftime. Hats off the Nevada though. They played their asses off in the second half. Boise is a better team than they were last year, but it doesn't really matter now with a 1 in the loss column. You can't put all the blame on Brotzman. It's a team sport, and living with the two misses is punishment enough. He certainly doesn't need his family harassed. Looking forward to the Ole Miss game at the start of next season.

All of this is moot anyway if Auburn and Oregon win out. I'd still like to see an 8 team playoff. With all of the money involved in a BCS/establisment cartel, I'd be just as well off watching the NFL. I hope TCU plays well in whatever BCS game they end up playing in.

Does anyone else think there are way too many bowl games? I don't think a team should go to a postseason game period unless they are at least 8-4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football