Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 04:12 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times

Advertisements

YouTube - ‪University of Miami football Rap "Orange on One Side Green on The Other"‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 05:42 PM

James Burgess Jr., Herb Waters commit to Miami - ESPN

The Miami Hurricanes did some of their best recruiting on the West Coast this week, and it paid off on Sunday night.
Linebacker James Burgess Jr. and wide receiver Herb Waters, teammates at Homestead (Fla.) Senior High School, became the latest verbal commitments to Miami after spending a week at The Opening in Beaverton, Oregon.
[+] EnlargeJoel Auerbach/Getty ImagesNew U coach Al Golden is busy re-establishing a fence around "the state of Miami."

Miami has 22 verbal commitments with 12 coming from an area once known as the "State of Miami" that includes Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Jimmy Johnson: Ex-Miami Hurricanes coach calls Nevin Shapiro 'scumbag' - chicagotribune.com

Miami Hurricanes commits Gray Crow and Duke Johnson keeping class together - ESPN

As a U fan I will not be canceling my plane ticket down to south Florida to watch The U. Nothing will happen, a slap on the wrist. You can't kill one of the golden gooses.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:36 AM

291 posts, read 688,925 times
It's really sad to me because had Howard Schnellenberger never left Miami and stayed, I think that Miami would be the best program in the country right now. He would maybe still be coaching there. He could have won about 10 national championships at Miami had he stayed. It's very sad to me. Most people have no idea how good that Miami program would be if Schnellenberger had stayed. He would be much bigger than Paterno and Bowden had he stayed. No joke. He could recruit like you would not believe. Maybe the best recruiter ever!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:13 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,348 times
Maybe but it's not like they sucked after he left. That they were able to continue such success at a small private school is remarkable.

Some say it's the end of an age for Miami football. They can't call up legions of alumni to donate a ton of money ala Florida and they only pack the house when in the National Championship picture (although they still have good attendance otherwise).

Sure they have the great recruiting territory, but it remains to be seen how badly the program will be hit in the future.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:42 PM

J12 welcome back!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:46 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
bah - he still is the same guy

learn to make a fast read and quit throwing picks ..... the coaches would love to have you do a whole bunch of really cool things, but unfortunately no one can trust you to not turn it over

was nice to get the win though and i'm absolutely loving Lamar Miller

Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
bah - he still is the same guy

learn to make a fast read and quit throwing picks ..... the coaches would love to have you do a whole bunch of really cool things, but unfortunately no one can trust you to not turn it over

was nice to get the win though and i'm absolutely loving Lamar Miller
Just as I posted that he threw an INT! ugh he is the same guy you're right. Mr long neck is just a younger jacory. Lamar Miller will be a great rb in a couple of years and a very good one now. Looking ahead I see 7 wins and 5 tough games vs south florida, GT, VT, Fla St and North Carolina.

I am actually flying down to Tampa to watch the U play the bulls at Raymond James stadium.

I don't see the U running the table I think it could be a 8-4 year and could be a 5-7 year as well. As much as I love the U they don't strike me as a very confident team.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:42 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
agree - they still have a lot of things to figure out

i really like what golden is doing though as far as developing the knowledge of how to go about their business .... from there things start to fall into place with experience

Old 09-21-2011, 11:51 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,177 times
Living in South Florida, I honestly have to say that I think moving the U to Dolphins Stadium was a bad move.

It is a good trip from the campus in Coral Gables to Miramar-----and the lack of a home field advantage is very discernible.

The atmosphere for college football there is bland-----the place doesnt shake---sightlines are far from the field.

A good crowd at the stadium is now 40,000----and in a place that seats 73,000 that is not exactly rocking the place.

It was obvious the Orange Bowl needed to be replaced----it was getting antiquated and had to go.
Yet the advantage there was amazing---the place vibrated and stadium actually rocked.

I guess you can construe going to Dolphins Stadium progress???? There werent many other options for the U----the finances are simply not there to build an on campus football stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football