Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:48 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I bet the people of Ohio have never seen so many teeth before like they have when all the U fans came into town.
Someone from Wisconsin is making fun of Ohio? Too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 11:16 AM

749 posts, read 2,438,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
What game were you watching? The Ohio State defense did a great job shutting Miami down all night. Miami didn't get anything going until late in the game when Ohio State backed up and basically conceded short passes and runs. I was watching the game where on UM's opening 3rd quarter drive they marched right down the field only to get picked, when at the time it was still a ballgame. Minus the return yardage Ohio St. still gave up 352 yards to your 414 and 19 first downs to your 21....not exactly stellar D. They should have brought Jacory over to the OSU locker room and awarded him the game ball for OSU.

Woulda, coulda, Shoulda crap is lame. If OSU plays even semi decent special teams you lose 14 points. Prior was uneven passing the ball all day. Had he played his A game I thinkwe score a few more times. Had the Buckeyes been more aggressive around the goal line a few of those FGs become TDs. At the end of the game Tressel could have elected to punch it in for yet another TD. The score could have easily been much, MUCH worse had those things happenned but they didn't. You start out this paragraph describing lame terms and then go on to say If, Had he, Could have 2x

In the end, the score is what it is. FYIW, I think you guys have a good team but your QB wasn't ready for prime time (although 2 of those pics were caused by misques by the receiver/heady play by the DB).
UM is not my favorite...the Gators are, and you know very well what happens when they play OSU
Next year at Miami should be a much tougher game for Ohio State.

Good luck the rest of the way. With V Tech looking like a joke you guys should be able to win the ACC. win out (and help the Buckeyes).
Only point I was trying to make is when OSU meets up with a couple of decent offenses that don't turn the ball over 4x, bye bye #2 and welcome to the Outback Bowl.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
Only point I was trying to make is when OSU meets up with a couple of decent offenses that don't turn the ball over 4x, bye bye #2 and welcome to the Outback Bowl.

Well, I guess we might as well cancel the season then. No chance that Prior and OSU improve as the season goes on. After all, an SEC fan said so!

Hope your Gators get their offense straightened out. I'd love to see both OSU and Florida run the table to set up a rematch of 2006. The Gators really embarrassed Ohio State that day and I'd love to see the Buckeyes get a chance at revenge.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:38 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Or, maybe the Buckeyes will get the special teams straightened out and not need to generate four turnovers to win.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:26 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
I wouldn't say Ohio State man-handle The U, I saw about 800 dropped passes right in the hands of U receivers and if Miami could hold on to the ball when trying to make an interception the game would have been more even.

As a U fan I'll just blame it on the cold weather just like I did for the champs bowl last year.

PS: Miami's #1 running back was out for the game.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:

As a U fan I'll just blame it on the cold weather just like I did for the champs bowl last year.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm?

Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I'm assuming this is sarcasm?
You know for a minute you probably I thought I was serious, but yeah just jokes.

Miami has sideline heaters for the bowl game last year when it was 50 degrees!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:

Miami has sideline heaters for the bowl game last year when it was 50 degrees!!!
Soft.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:54 PM

749 posts, read 2,438,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Well, I guess we might as well cancel the season then. No chance that Prior and OSU improve as the season goes on. After all, an SEC fan said so!

Hope your Gators get their offense straightened out. I'd love to see both OSU and Florida run the table to set up a rematch of 2006. The Gators really embarrassed Ohio State that day and I'd love to see the Buckeyes get a chance at revenge.
Well, thanks for wishing the Gators offense some luck but unfortunately them running the table would likely have to involve beating the Tide twice, but if OSU could lose 2 or 3 they could both meet in the Outback Bowl....that would be interesting.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Well, thanks for wishing the Gators offense some luck but unfortunately them running the table would likely have to involve beating the Tide twice, but if OSU could lose 2 or 3 they could both meet in the Outback Bowl....that would be interesting.
If Ohio State is undefeated this year I'll be suprised. Iowa and Wisconsin are very tough this year. Michigan looks better and that is a brutal game regardless of record.

Hopefully, if OSU does drop a few and ends up out of the BCS I'd rather them draw someone like a Florida or Oklahoma rather than a second tier team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football