Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 03:52 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
App State might actually go undefeated and finish in the Top 10 at the end of year and play in New Year's Six bowl!
Yes App St would probably hand up an L at this point. Our defense is non existent, soo many injures as well and bad play calling. And we have issues tackling again.

Our offense is ok, but the oline is giving up sacks, Ellinger seems too comfortable and doesn't run or throw the ball away to prevent plays for loss. And with no RB that can scare a defense our WR and QB have to take too many chances.

Still have to play K state and Baylor.
Predicting an Alamo bowl visit this year. If we win that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 06:42 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,055 times
Final Score: Texas 27, Kansas State 24

Hey, we scored less than 30 points and won!

It was great to see a Todd Orlando defense play well for once, aside the 1st quarter, during which i pretty much thought we were toast then. Glad to see i was wrong.

Having 5 in the backfield after a timeout is pretty stupid, but long term, it was ingenious, and i do believe was done on purpose to get the clock down below 40 seconds.

We're going bowling, and sadly, we did end up overrated, but we've got other things to deal with, and a tough schedule remains, a trip to the nightmare palace that is Jack Trice Stadium looming.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:18 PM

Final Score: Iowa State 23, Texas 21

We will never win a Big 12 championship or contend for the playoff as long as Tim Beck and Todd Orlando are on our staff.

Oh, and can we get rid of our special teams coordinator as well?

Old 11-16-2019, 05:37 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
So, with this Texas loss and with K-State losing to West Virginia earlier in the day, is an Oklahoma/Baylor rematch officially guaranteed now or can Texas/Iowa State/other still sneak their way into the title game in place of 1 of those 2??

Old 11-17-2019, 01:34 PM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
So, with this Texas loss and with K-State losing to West Virginia earlier in the day, is an Oklahoma/Baylor rematch officially guaranteed now or can Texas/Iowa State/other still sneak their way into the title game in place of 1 of those 2??
OU and/or Baylor would have to lose out for anybody else to get in.

Texas needs to win out, have Kansas beat Baylor, have ISU lose to either KU or KSU and have OU beat OSU.

If that happens then it's OU vs Texas again.

If all this were to happen Except for if OSU beat OU then you'd have four teams tied for the league lead at 6-3. OU would have tiebreakers over Baylor and Texas. Texas would have tiebreaker over Baylor and OSU, Baylor would have tiebreaker over OSU, OSU would have tiebreaker OU.

I think it would still put Texas in against OU but I'm not for sure.

If ISU wins out, it's a five way tie and you have to throw in the fact that they have tie breaker over Texas and OSU. LOL.

Maybe we should wait until next weeks results are in.

Last edited by eddie gein; 11-17-2019 at 01:47 PM..

Old 11-23-2019, 05:46 PM

Final Score: Baylor 24, Texas 10

Tom Herman in 2016 at Houston: "Winners get the corner office, the big house, the hot wife, the whole nine. People who don't win, they get cubicles, the hoopty ride, the not-so-hot wife."

Damn it, Tom. We tried so hard to like you...now moving forward.

We thought Herman would bring us back to prominence.

We thought we'd be in the playoffs (well, not this year, but next, although that's unlikely at this point).

We thought Sam would be in contention for the Heisman.

What the hell was in that Kool-Aid?

In 3 years, Rhule has taken Baylor from a complete dumpster fire to one of the better teams in the conference. Texas has the name recognition and the best facilities and draft classes in the state, and these are the results? Issue is clearly the coaching staff. Time to start asking serious questions about the manchild that is Tom Herman, especially if Beck and Orlando are still on the sidelines at the start of next season.

Being a fan of a hated team is usually okay because usually hated teams are somewhat good. In this case, however, it sucks. Anyone wanting to make any "Texas is back" remarks/comments/memes, joke's on you. There’s no way you can hate us more than we hate us right now.

Old 11-24-2019, 04:52 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,268,773 times
As a UH alum, this makes me smile. I won't go into on the details about how Herman left UH, but let's just say he didn't do it in the same professional fashion that Scott Frost did at UCF. I honestly thought Herman would be playing for a championship by now with the best resources and the best recruits in all of college football. He had a good thing going at UH with 1/100th of the budget he has now. For a brief period at UH, he was actually competing with UT and A&M for some of the same top recruits in the state.

Old 11-29-2019, 01:57 PM

Final Score: Texas 49, Texas Tech 24

First conference game this season I haven't felt stressed out the ENTIRE 60 minutes of play.

As happy as i am about this, coaching changes still definitely need to be made.

Now to see whatever bowl we'll end up getting...

Old 11-30-2019, 09:44 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Final Score: Texas 49, Texas Tech 24

First conference game this season I haven't felt stressed out the ENTIRE 60 minutes of play.

As happy as i am about this, coaching changes still definitely need to be made.

Now to see whatever bowl we'll end up getting...
Bowl Games are meaningless unless they involve the Final 4 teams. Case in point...2018 Sugar Bowl where Texas beats UGA 28-21. Look at where the 2 programs are today. Texas is again going in the wrong direction (some would say reeling) and needing Coaching changes, and UGA is ranked 4th, and is still in the hunt (at least until the LSU game).

All the top players in Bowl games are trying to do is have a fun road trip, and not get hurt. They might help recruiting a little since so many of the Bowl games are Nationally televised. In the grand scheme of things, nearly all Bowl games are a meaningless money grab.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:09 AM

12,949 posts, read 13,339,664 times
If UGA beats LSU, then maybe they will deserve recognition.
They were overrated last year and had to eat crow served up by a mediocre Texas team. And no, that “didn’t want to be there” was a lame junior high loser excuse after all the trash talk from the dawgs up until that game.

Yeah, Texas has sucked this year and Coach Mensa is on the bubble as far as the fans are concerned,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football