Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 06:50 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Bo Pelini thought he had a magic comeback, but it was... DENIED!
That onside kick was one of the worst tactical decisions I have EVER see in football.

I was already starting to sour on Pelini for refusing to dump Shawn Watson, and this just makes it worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 08:41 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times
This was A LOT better showing all around for the Horns!! Overall I would rate it a B- game.

Defense was great. Fewer penilties, but did have two personal fouls that could have been prevented. However shutting down the run and energy where the keys, I think which held Neb to 0 offensive TD's. Pass D was always stellar as always.

Offense was better. GG was by far was the most improved, but credit is due to the o-line for stepping up BIG. Thanks guys!! GG's isnt VY or Colt but gettin 4 or 5 on a 2nd and long helps play calling.

How bout that play calling?? Mr. Davis your off my **** list! Thanks for showing a new look with the 3 bunch. Keep talking to your young qb and build him up some more!

However good this game is I still see some things that will kill Texas in the future. Predictability. Really your gonna call and end around with 3 mins left on a 3rd and 4? How bout a screen out that 3 bunch look. And seriously Mac never ever call that pooch kick G*D DAMN ***** THIS YEAR. After last yrs mess up with the inside shuffle pass in the Nat Champ game your sure dont call it anymore. Let this be your wake up call for that play as well.

Sorry for the rant, I always have words for those I love the most

What Starts Here Changes the World!
Put your Horns Up!
Hook 'Em Horns!
\m/

Old 10-16-2010, 09:16 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I called it right!!!

Way to go Longhorns for sending bubble gum chomping Pelini and the Huskers into the loss column for the first time this year! NU is over-rated. They are a one-dimensional team and it came back to bite them when someone covered their only offensive weapon, Martinez. It showed when their receivers couldn't hold on to the ball; they weren't accustomed to some oblong object flying through the air at them, they let that gnat Martinez run around all year. The Huskers have been "outed."
congrats, Longhorns. The comment about receivers not accustomed to some oblong object flying through the air...said it all. They dropped 24-28 points. But the scoreboard tells the tale. Maybe we'll have a replay in the conference championship game.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:22 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
congrats, Longhorns. The comment about receivers not accustomed to some oblong object flying through the air...said it all. They dropped 24-28 points. But the scoreboard tells the tale. Maybe we'll have a replay in the conference championship game.
Nebraska did get some weird calls that went against them that had the announcers scratching their heads. Those non-catches... WOW. You're right about at least 21 points just dropped. But, that is what happens when your receivers aren't accustomed to being thrown to.

I'm not even a Longhorn fan, but I root for the Big XII South. I'm more of a Sooner fan than anything, but all in all, I just like to see good games.

Texas' defense played OUTSTANDING in this game. They executed perfectly. One of the announcers said that they won't lose another game this year; they are probably right.

This win for the Longhorns was huge.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:24 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times
Yeah those Nebraska receivers were way out in front and dropped catches... I thought-- damn we are lucky those guys have slippery hands!
I think the keys to our win was the defense shutting down Martinez and Gilbert's feet (which worked because Nebraska probably didn't prepare for that)

Nebraska will probably still win the Big 12 North-- but I think Missouri may prove to be a big challenge for them...

Old 10-21-2010, 10:04 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times
Ok, next up ISU. So TEXAS/COACHES/FANS do not look past them PLZ. Do we have to go back a month?? Come out with some fire and passion while executing the in all manners of the game!! I hope its not true about Texas having some fair weather fan. Stadium better be 100,000k+

Texas Fight!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 02:22 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Well, that was disappointing!

Old 10-23-2010, 02:30 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Well, that was disappointing!
Y'all are making us Huskers look pretty ridiculous...dropping a game to a team that gets served by Iowa State, at home. Here's to better times ahead for both teams.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:53 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times
That was embarrassing!

Old 10-23-2010, 11:28 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football