Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 01:49 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Poor OL play, missed tackles, stupid penalties, etc. equal a loss. Now Tech gets to play the likely #2 team next week.
Yeah, Tech had a lot of problems today that's for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 01:53 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
It looks like it is not Tech playing today at all. It is an imposter.
I thought that last week...

Old 11-06-2011, 07:32 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
I'm surprised Tech couldn't score a TD until near the end of the 3rd quarter. Didn't expect a blowout either.

I miss The Pirate.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I'm surprised Tech couldn't score a TD until near the end of the 3rd quarter. Didn't expect a blowout either.

I miss The Pirate.
I miss him too ScoPro! Leach had his issues but he knew how to coach players, he knew the game very well, and he knew how to maximize the talent he had. Not only am I not seeing that from the current coaching staff, they haven't even been able to utilize the increased recruiting under Tubs! I hate to say it but it looks like Tubs may end up like coach Fran was for the Aggies. When Fran was at A&M they had good recruiting but they always under-performed.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I miss him too ScoPro! Leach had his issues but he knew how to coach players, he knew the game very well, and he knew how to maximize the talent he had. Not only am I not seeing that from the current coaching staff, they haven't even been able to utilize the increased recruiting under Tubs! I hate to say it but it looks like Tubs may end up like coach Fran was for the Aggies. When Fran was at A&M they had good recruiting but they always under-performed.
I agree that Tubs has made some decisions that are a little confusing, but he has had basically one year to get his recruits on the field, and they're true freshmen. I'm not ready to bail on him yet.

When Eric Stephens went out for the season, I think the coaching staff knew that it would be tough getting through the remainder. Now there are rumblings that he may be red-shirted next season due to the rehab time needed...

Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Default ABC at 12 EST/9 PST

Senior Day is on Saturday, and they get to play their last game at Jones Stadium against the second-ranked team in Oklahoma State. Should be fun.

The game can apparently be seen on TV in most of the US, except for parts of the Midwest, the Blue Ridge area, and most of Connecticut. Here's a map (second one down):

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/CF_Nov121.pdf (broken link)

Some notable seniors include OL's Lonnie Edwards, Mickey Okafor, and Justin Keown, DE Scott Smith, DT Donald Langley, WR's Jacoby Franks and Tramain Swindall, and K Donnie Carona.

While the crowd may be at half-speed at first, if the team makes a big play early, then it might liven up. It could be breezy, so that's another thing. It's also this season's Wounded Warrior Project game.

Last edited by shoe01; 11-10-2011 at 09:22 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 11:34 AM

IMO, Tech has virtually no chance to win tomorrow. If they can just keep it close I'll be happy...lol. The last time I made a statement like the one I just made Tech beat OU at home, so I'm hoping they'll surprise me with another upset!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM

That was simply the most pathetic effort I have ever seen by a Tech football team. There wasn't a single offensive touchdown in the entire game! This team has simply given up and sadly, I think the coaches have given up too. Ok State is a great football team and probably would have won anyway but once again, Tech was beyond pathetic in that game today. Today's loss makes 4 straight losses at home. Hell, even Spike Dykes could win a key conference game every once in a while at home! I don't know how this team could possibly be worse and sadly, I don't see anything from Tubs & his staff that makes me think it will get any better. I hope they will prove me wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
That was simply the most pathetic effort I have ever seen by a Tech football team. There wasn't a single offensive touchdown in the entire game! This team has simply given up and sadly, I think the coaches have given up too. Ok State is a great football team and probably would have won anyway but once again, Tech was beyond pathetic in that game today. Today's loss makes 4 straight losses at home. Hell, even Spike Dykes could win a key conference game every once in a while at home! I don't know how this team could possibly be worse and sadly, I don't see anything from Tubs & his staff that makes me think it will get any better. I hope they will prove me wrong but I just don't see it happening.
Yeah, I made the trip up from S. TX to see it. Before the debacle, the visit was enjoyable because I saw Gillispie win his first (real) game as coach of the Red Raiders, and I got to see the War Veterans, including Medal of Honor recipient Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta, enjoy themselves at Raider Walk. That was cool.

Then two hours later, the Tech football players seemed to try their hardest to shoot their own feet, and Oklahoma State capitalized. Something is definitely wrong when a supposedly top ten offense is shut out by a 90th- or so ranked defense. The loss of Stephens can't explain it, since he was out in Norman, too. I don't know if the players are just uninspired, if the OC's play-calling is too predictable, or if a player's girlfriend dumped him, but it needs to be fixed...

Last edited by shoe01; 11-13-2011 at 04:00 PM..

Old 11-13-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Then two hours later, the Tech football players seemed to try their hardest to shoot their own feet, and Oklahoma State capitalized. Something is definitely wrong when a supposedly top ten offense is shut out by a 90th- or so ranked defense. The loss of Stephens can't explain it, since he was out in Norman, too. I don't know if the players are just uninspired, if the OC's play-calling is too predictable, or if a player's girlfriend dumped him, but it needs to be fixed...
Yeah, there has to be some major stuff going on with this team. The play calling could be part of the problem. Another thing that probably hasn't helped is Tubs coming out in the press every week saying things like "we just don't have the players to stop the run", "we're a young team, we just don't have the talent here yet", etc. Publicly throwing your team under the bus each week without taking any responsibilty for losses as a coach doesn't exactly inspire confidence, especially with a young team like this one. They have either lost faith in the coaching staff or themselves, or both. I hate to say it but I think it's quite possible that Tubs has lost this team. They don't seem to be playing for him at all and it almost makes me wonder if some sort of team mutiny is going on behind the scences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football