Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 12:49 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times

Advertisements

Baylor's offense is definitely impressive, mostly due to RGIII of course. As a result, IMO two things have to happen for Tech to win. First, this could be a classic trap game for Baylor coming off their huge win against OU last week. If Baylor's high powered offense is a little off today, Tech might be able to take advantage of it. Even with that scenario, Tech's offense will have to perform at a high level. Tech has shown us this year that they are not a "come from behind" team so to speak, so they need to score a lot of points and stay ahead on the scoreboard all four quarters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 10:02 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Default TTDave for OC?

This L caps off the first losing season since 1992. The lack of depth at DT, the injuries at DB and a lot of other positions, the youth at LB and elsewhere, the questionable coaching at times, and the fact that the Big 12 doesn't have too many lightweights, all contributed to the 5-7 finish.

As for the game, congrats to the Bears. I hope Griffin is okay and will be able to play in Baylor's upcoming two games. One never wants to see anything like that happen. For Tech, there are obviously a lot of things to work out in the off season.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 PM

^^^OC! Oh no, you don't want me drawing up plays, they'd go 0-12 next year!...lol. Anyway, I agree that those things you listed that contributed to this year's dismal results, however, I would go further by saying that I think this entire coaching staff is just awful. I don't say that very often but in this case I think it's justified. I don't see Tubs and his staff turning this thing around. They're going in the opposite direction. In just two short years Tubs has taken a pretty darn good football team and has almost completely destroyed it. Even with the injuries and other problems this year they should have done better. As an example, when I was a student at Tech and Spike Dykes was the HC they had a lot of injuries one year, probably 7 or 8 starters out but they still had a decent season, with half the talent that Tubs currently has. Spike may not have been brilliant but he knew how to coach and how to motivate players to play for him. Leach was brilliant and took things a step further. Sadly, I don't see any of that coaching ability from the current staff. Instead of building on what Dykes and Leach had already done, Tubs has dismantled something that didn't need to be dismantled. I wish I could say that things will improve next year, but I doubt that they will. For the sake of my beloved Red Raiders I hope Tubs proves me wrong. I would love nothing more than to come back on here next year and eat crow. Anyway, I certainly agree on RGIII, I hope he is okay and is able to play against Texas next week and whatever bowl they end up in.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:35 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
^^^OC! Oh no, you don't want me drawing up plays, they'd go 0-12 next year!...lol. Anyway, I agree that those things you listed that contributed to this year's dismal results, however, I would go further by saying that I think this entire coaching staff is just awful. I don't say that very often but in this case I think it's justified. I don't see Tubs and his staff turning this thing around. They're going in the opposite direction. In just two short years Tubs has taken a pretty darn good football team and has almost completely destroyed it. Even with the injuries and other problems this year they should have done better. As an example, when I was a student at Tech and Spike Dykes was the HC they had a lot of injuries one year, probably 7 or 8 starters out but they still had a decent season, with half the talent that Tubs currently has. Spike may not have been brilliant but he knew how to coach and how to motivate players to play for him. Leach was brilliant and took things a step further. Sadly, I don't see any of that coaching ability from the current staff. Instead of building on what Dykes and Leach had already done, Tubs has dismantled something that didn't need to be dismantled. I wish I could say that things will improve next year, but I doubt that they will. For the sake of my beloved Red Raiders I hope Tubs proves me wrong. I would love nothing more than to come back on here next year and eat crow. Anyway, I certainly agree on RGIII, I hope he is okay and is able to play against Texas next week and whatever bowl they end up in.
I agree.

Pretty sad ending for TT, and hope y'all get better next season (my granddaughter will be transfering to Tech for the spring semester).

RGIII looked ok & I hope he's ready to go next Saturday against the Horns. The young man is a baller and is deserving of the Heisman as anyone.

Us UT fans are wondering how Baylor has two quarterbacks that are much better than all of ours. lol

Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I agree.

Pretty sad ending for TT, and hope y'all get better next season (my granddaughter will be transfering to Tech for the spring semester).

RGIII looked ok & I hope he's ready to go next Saturday against the Horns. The young man is a baller and is deserving of the Heisman as anyone.

Us UT fans are wondering how Baylor has two quarterbacks that are much better than all of ours. lol
Thanks ScoPro! What Tubs and his staff has done to this team just flat out baffles me. For the past two seasons all they had to is make minimal adjustments on offense and improve the defense. Last year the offense that Leach had built was in place and they didn't mess with it much so they had a decent season. On defense however, they changed things up and actually became worse on defense last year than the previous year under the former DC Ruffin McNeil. This year, amazingly, they managed to make the defense even worse than last year! In addition to that they made some changes on offense that don't work. Imagine how demoralizing it must be for the offense to work their butts off and rack up as many points as they can and then watch the defense allow 50-60 plus points in a game. It's really amazing at how bad the coaching is.

I agree on the Heisman for RGIII, he should be on the short list for that award for sure. And yeah, how about Baylor's backup QB, wow! That guy came out in the second half and really performed well last night. They certainly don't lack depth at that position...lol.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 PM

Art Kaufman, former defensive coordinator at North Carolina, was named to the same position at Tech:

Former UNC D.C. Art Kaufman hired at Texas Tech | College Sports Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | The Dallas Morning News

Last edited by shoe01; 01-10-2012 at 08:44 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Art Kaufman, former defensive coordinator at North Carolina, was named to the same position at Tech:

Former UNC D.C. Art Kaufman hired at Texas Tech | College Sports Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | The Dallas Morning News
Maybe this third hire will be the charm...lol. I don't know how the defense could be any worse than what we had under Willis and Glasgow. At least this Kaufman guy has a lot of experience. We'll also have some new positions coaches on defense so maybe that will help too.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 PM

Yeah, it seems like most good/great DC's are 40 and better. There are exceptions, but that's what I've noticed, generally speaking.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:04 PM

...to the signees today!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:12 PM

Trying to get my hopes up:

Raider defenders get upper hand in scrimmage | Red Raiders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football