Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 09:38 AM

8,746 posts, read 8,993,807 times

Advertisements

^^^Nice win indeed!! Even though the odds were very much against them, Tech played well on both sides of the ball. Webb played the best game he's had all year IMO. Amaro and Grant were spectacular too. Kliff did a great job coaching this team and preparing them for that game. Ditto that for Matt Wallerstedt. Tech's defense really stepped up. Arizona State is a very good football team so Tech was a major underdog. I didn't really expect Tech to win, I was just hoping they could make it an interesting game...lol. Instead, they dominated the entire game. It's always nice to end the season on a high note! I'm very proud of my Red Raiders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 PM

2,310 posts, read 3,904,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
^^^Nice win indeed!! Even though the odds were very much against them, Tech played well on both sides of the ball. Webb played the best game he's had all year IMO. Amaro and Grant were spectacular too. Kliff did a great job coaching this team and preparing them for that game. Ditto that for Matt Wallerstedt. Tech's defense really stepped up. Arizona State is a very good football team so Tech was a major underdog. I didn't really expect Tech to win, I was just hoping they could make it an interesting game...lol. Instead, they dominated the entire game. It's always nice to end the season on a high note! I'm very proud of my Red Raiders!
Was really cool that Tech was able to convert on so many third downs. The OL last night gave up zero sacks, and so Webb was for the most part able to do what he wanted.

The ASU fans were great. Wish a few more people in red & black could have made it, but it's understandable as to why it was difficult.

It's too bad that the Big 12 isn't affiliated with this bowl anymore after this year. Have really enjoyed it both times I've gone, and it takes place in a better setting than most.

Great win, and big congrats to Kliff, Matt, and the rest of the staff. Looked like the players had a blast. Looking forward to next season!

Old 12-31-2013, 01:20 PM

^^^That's cool that you went to the game! I wish I could have been there. I'm also sorry to hear that the Big 12 will no longer be affiliated with the Holiday Bowl. Like you said, it's a great setting! Since Tech beat ASU in this game, the Sun Devils will probably be highly motivated to beat Tech when we start the OOC series with them in two years...lol. I'm looking forward to next season as well!

Old 12-31-2013, 03:45 PM

12,867 posts, read 13,179,618 times
Well well, glad to see Tech kick ASU butt. That was the best conference bowl game so far.

Congratulations on a great win!

Y'all and the Wildcats done good.

Unfortunately, the wife & I went to the Alamo Bowl last night. Watched the Tech game when we got back to the hotel last night.
At least dinner at the Original Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk was pretty good, as were the Hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's across from the Alamo.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:33 PM

^^^Thanks ScoPro! I'm sorry about the Longhorns loss. I was rooting for them to win but Oregon was just too much. Very few teams would have been able to beat Oregon in that game yesterday.

I sincerely hope that UT will pick a great coach to replace Mack Brown. I want all the teams in the Big 12 to be good. If the majority of the teams in the Big 12 are good, the conference is stronger and more stable.

Overall, I think Mack Brown was a very good head coach for Texas. He brought them back to prominence and is second only to Darrell K. Royal in that regard. Mack is just past his prime. I saw his post game comments last night on TV and he admitted that it was time for him to move on.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:20 AM

My granddaughter was very happy, to say the least. She texted her grandma, "Guns up & blazing!". lol

Yep, Brown went stale several years ago. Hope the new guy cleans house & stays fresh.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,519,768 times
well Oklahoma did Big 12 proud with their win. Tell you the truth Tech; Oklahoma and Texas did not seem like good match ups to play those teams

Old 01-03-2014, 10:40 AM

^^^Yeah, all three of those bowls were mismatches. I'm certainly glad that Tech and OU had upset wins. However, as I said above, the way Oregon played in the Alamo bowl, Texas didn't really have much of a chance. Very few teams would have been able to beat the Ducks that night.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
^^^Yeah, all three of those bowls were mismatches. I'm certainly glad that Tech and OU had upset wins. However, as I said above, the way Oregon played in the Alamo bowl, Texas didn't really have much of a chance. Very few teams would have been able to beat the Ducks that night.
Well, the Ducks were held to only one offensive TD, so they really weren't that impressive. Then Case McCoy did his usual Jekyl & Hyde appearance. At least he did leave with a decent legacy - beat A&M on their home field in the last game of a 100+ year series, and butt-whipped the sooners to break a 3 game losing streak. He also broke a 5 game losing streak to KSU. That kid couldn't start for an FCS team, but he had a lot of game in him.

Too bad the Texas staff can't coach a QB up like Leach could.

Next season the conference will get to pick over the bleached bones of ol' Bevo.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:42 PM

^^^Yeah, Case wasn't as good as Colt of course but he did okay overall. I agree on Leach. He's probably the best I've ever seen at coaching up a QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football