Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 05:03 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,512,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
This is great news if you're a TCU fan. They now have a legit chance to jump Boise State in the coming weeks if they keep winning.
Well they were likely to do so anyway due to conference schedule being tougher. Also today really gets you to wonder about the ACC in terms of an auto bid.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,700,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog View Post
Well they were likely to do so anyway due to conference schedule being tougher. Also today really gets you to wonder about the ACC in terms of an auto bid.
Today was a blood bath for the ACC.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:51 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,512,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Today was a blood bath for the ACC.
If I am not mistaken isn't some of the numbers for the ACC keeping their auto-bid a bit shaky? I get a feeling if it is this will be the argument for the MWC to gain an AQ saying that using the numbers to get a waiver the ACC would need a waiver to keep theirs.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:59 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,303,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
You all sholdn't be so down on BSU fans. Can you really expect us not to get a little excited. We have no pro sports team. We live in an isolated city out of the way, which has a lot to offer but doesn't get a lot of noteriety. BSU football has brought some great things to Boise and to expect the fans to just take an approach of "Meh, well to tell you the truth we are a little overrated dear." is pretty ridiculous. We've done everything asked of us. All we can do is win and wish. We would take an offer for a BCS conference, but that ain't happening.

So pardon us if we get a little excited, when we're ranked third in the nation.
BTW who is your school?

First part of this post is off topic.I think Boise is overrated.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-27-2010 at 09:25 AM..

Old 09-12-2010, 09:17 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,299,285 times
Quote:
If I am not mistaken isn't some of the numbers for the ACC keeping their auto-bid a bit shaky? I get a feeling if it is this will be the argument for the MWC to gain an AQ saying that using the numbers to get a waiver the ACC would need a waiver to keep theirs.
Think Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, or Virginia Tech are willing to go without a AQ to a BCS?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:33 AM

513 posts, read 540,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
People seem to forget that, yes, Boise St. has a softer conference schedule than say Ohio St or Alabama, but for Boise St. every game is a "championship game". If they slip up once, that's it for any championship game hopes. Even if they win out, every win will be scrutinized to death.

OSU/Bama et. al do get the luxury of having a loss overlooked. I was at the Tennessee/Alabama game last year and if a nose tackle named Cody doesn't block those field goal tries, the Vols win that game. But 'Bama would have not have suddenly dropped 15 places in the rankings, would they??
Well, I wasn't intending to foreshadow anything - but with the VT loss, let the scrutiny begin!

Old 09-13-2010, 02:28 PM

738 posts, read 2,953,123 times
Quote:
The BCS commissioners and all AQ conferences have repeatedly stated that none of the conferences are in danger of losing their auto-bid status. As crappy as the ACC has been, there's no chance the BCS is going to revoke their autobid to the Orange bowl, nor the Big East for that matter.

The BCS is a business arrangement, not an organization that is trying to make it fair for everyone. The bottom line is who is going to make them the most money in their high profile games. The programs in all the AQ conferences bring in way too much money and media contracts for them to be cut out. No way the MWC replaces the ACC for their auto-bid; however, I could see the MWC being added in the future, and I think they've proven they should be added.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:02 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,451,582 times
I try not to start too many threads that will not get many responses. So, I figured I would just add to this one. This weekend I will be rooting for the Oregon State Barkrats, aka Nutria, aka Lil' Sister, aka the hicks from Corvallis, aka the dudes who steal gay sheep (no joke,Edit-Yes iIdo have a sense of humor, but I don't believe gay sheep belongs in this conversation! I have absolutely no problem with their dumb a** claiming they beat BSU and we could not. We all know who is a better team. So, come on Beavis, beat Boise Stat

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-27-2010 at 09:30 AM..

Old 09-20-2010, 09:19 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,710,788 times
Its really the table they run. The rating are always based ont eh ratings of team you play. just as it is in any sport. Having a tough schedule takes its toll on a team while some shcedules are easy. you do not get to #1 by playing one tough game a year and 11 easy games. Each team you play plus their rsults aginst other tems is rated by the computers and thsoe who know sports. Thatsi why the BCS is closer to a chmpio each year than the politcal voting polls ever where.Tjsi eyar much of Boase was restig on just how well Virgina Tech dd aginst their other opponets since their schedue is not very tough.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:44 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,274,580 times
I'll be rooting for the Beavers as well... I have a feeling most of the country will be rooting for Oregon State. I think people are getting tired of Boise State... time for the fairy tale to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football