Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:59 AM

749 posts, read 2,438,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Is this thing on...hello.. anyone there?...hello...yeah, I'm looking for some offense...hello...I thought there would be 50 or 60 points...hello...anyone there?

72-0
48-13
69-0

You ain't jumpin' nobody...How's Miami (OH) doing?
Then FL will have to do it the hard way by upsetting Bama on the road. Watch all the Gator haters (TCU, Oregon, Boise St. fans) come out of the woodwork in a couple weeks and all the sudden they love the Gators.

BTW, bring that Duck swagger to the Swamp anf I'll promise you they wouldn't be puttin 48 or 72 on the FL Defense, more like 24 if they were lucky.....anyway you cut it they'd be going home with a loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 12:43 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
Then FL will have to do it the hard way by upsetting Bama on the road. Watch all the Gator haters (TCU, Oregon, Boise St. fans) come out of the woodwork in a couple weeks and all the sudden they love the Gators.

BTW, bring that Duck swagger to the Swamp anf I'll promise you they wouldn't be puttin 48 or 72 on the FL Defense, more like 24 if they were lucky.....anyway you cut it they'd be going home with a loss.
You barely handled Miami (OH) at the Swamp. You're right on the 24 points, but no way in h*** would you be scoring any more than that with that trainwreck of an offense.

Hypothetically, Ducks 24 Gators 10 at the Swamp

Oh, and it'd be worse if y'all came up to Oregon...

Old 09-19-2010, 03:10 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,127,170 times
Back on topic bout the Vols. Now that game against FL yesterday wasnt all that bad compared to the week before. Seems like the defense is C- may C+ at best. But the last crop of QB to come out or goto Tenn have been horrible. Their O-lines have been just as bad. So who ever the O-line coach is needs to be fired along with the QB coach. This is where Tenn is suffering. My opinion of course.

Now the talk about the Ducks and FL. Well I would give the edge to the Ducks this year. Either on the road or at especially in Autzen. Seem to just put up 28 in the first qtr in each game. No team can say that this yr.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:03 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
your embarrassing the SEC letting the cupcake Ducks manhandle you like that ...and in your own stadium with your sea of orange. I guess the only good thing about it is the pollsters are going to have to jump Florida over Oregon a couple of spots after the Gators come to Neyland and put 50 or 60 on you.
The SEC honks never cease to amaze me.

Always acted shocked when a mighty, mighty SEC team loses to a PAC-0 team.

From 2000 through last weekend the SEC is 9-12 against the PAC-10. This is the 4th year in a row Tennessee has lost to a PAC 10 team.

In the same time frame the SEC is 16-16 against the Big Ten and 10-17 against the Big East.

The world's greatest football conference can't beat the Big East, Big Ten or PAC-10 with any kind of consistency and we still hear crap like this.

Just goes to prove that the SEC schools really don't care about academics.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The SEC honks never cease to amaze me.

Always acted shocked when a mighty, mighty SEC team loses to a PAC-0 team.

From 2000 through last weekend the SEC is 9-12 against the PAC-10. This is the 4th year in a row Tennessee has lost to a PAC 10 team.

In the same time frame the SEC is 16-16 against the Big Ten and 10-17 against the Big East.

The world's greatest football conference can't beat the Big East, Big Ten or PAC-10 with any kind of consistency and we still hear crap like this.

Just goes to prove that the SEC schools really don't care about academics.
The SEC haters like to manipulate the stats and conveniently ignore that the the SEC has the most BCS Bowl game wins (14) 14-5 .737 winning pct.

Conference with the most BCS Championships SEC (6) 1.000 win pct.
No other conference even has an above .500 win pct.

Big 10's superior academics have produced the "Rust Belt"....maybe that's why their so proud of their 10-11 .476 win pct. BCS Bowl record, sure beats staring at a bunch of empty factories.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:24 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
The main thing that bothered me about Vol's defeat by Oregon (and I like both teams very well--was pulling for Oregon, but want the Vols to win otherwise) was reports from multiple sources including players, that the Vols quit. Quit. One senior, I can't remember who, said they quit as soon as they were down 7.
Amazing.
There seems to be a lot of fan support for Dooley, but he's got to get a handle on that problem. I think I know the quickest way...

Old 09-20-2010, 08:44 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Gator fan that thinks they could run with this years UO team needs to have their head checked.

Gator fan that thought they could run 50 to 60 pts on Tennessee is just as crazy.

For future reference; when Vegas puts the over/under at 45, chances are you're not gonna hang 50 on them.

Just like usual, 8 teams in the SEC pretty much suck.

More homers than usual this year on C-D.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Gator fan that thinks they could run with this years UO team needs to have their head checked.

Gator fan that thought they could run 50 to 60 pts on Tennessee is just as crazy.

For future reference; when Vegas puts the over/under at 45, chances are you're not gonna hang 50 on them.

Just like usual, 8 teams in the SEC pretty much suck.

More homers than usual this year on C-D.
And just like usual an SEC team will win another BCS NC game and the SEC teams will mop the floor against thier opponents in the BCS Bowl games this year because thier non SEC opponents will suck.....get over it, you should be used to it by now. That's why the schedulers last year had to pit TCU against Boise St. in a bowl so they didn't both get their azz handed to them by SEC teams.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:20 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Who are the teams the PAC-10 is beating? I guarantee NON of them were top 10 teams... ALL of the SEC is not always great HOWEVER it is the best conference from top to bottom. Of course a top 5 team from any other conference will be a bottom 5 team in the SEC. That's not impressive... Tennessee is NOT ranked so Oregon being ranked 7th and killing them should not be an accomplishment. Its what Oregon should have done.

If they had done that to Bama, Florida, LSU, or South Carolina THEN it would be impressive!!! I'm sick and tired of fans in other conferences hooping and hollering about beating one of the SEC's weaker teams. It gets old...

Let's compare apples to apples. Who wins when Top 10 SEC and Top 10 *Any Conference* plays. And especially when the top teams from each conference play IE national title games.... drumroll "THE SEC"!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Who are the teams the PAC-10 is beating? I guarantee NON of them were top 10 teams... ALL of the SEC is not always great HOWEVER it is the best conference from top to bottom. Of course a top 5 team from any other conference will be a bottom 5 team in the SEC. That's not impressive... Tennessee is NOT ranked so Oregon being ranked 7th and killing them should not be an accomplishment. Its what Oregon should have done.

If they had done that to Bama, Florida, LSU, or South Carolina THEN it would be impressive!!! I'm sick and tired of fans in other conferences hooping and hollering about beating one of the SEC's weaker teams. It gets old...

Let's compare apples to apples. Who wins when Top 10 SEC and Top 10 *Any Conference* plays. And especially when the top teams from each conference play IE national title games.... drumroll "THE SEC"!!!
Alright Chief, here ya go...

Dating back to 2000:

Arizona:
2006- 45-3 LSU L
2003- 59-13 LSU L

Arizona State:
2009- 20-17 UGA L*
2008- 27-10 UGA L
2005- 35-31 LSU (played in the SEC cHamp.) L*

Cal:
2007- 45-31 UT (played in the SEC Champ.) W
2006- 35-18 UT L

Oregon:
2010- 48-13 UT W
2003- 42-34 MSU W
2002- 36-13 MSU W

Oregon State:
2004- 22-21 LSU L*

UCLA:
2009- 19-15 UT W
2008- 27-24 UT W
2001- 20-17 Bama W
2000- 35-24 Bama W

USC:
2006- 50-14 Ark (played in SEC champ)W
2005- 70-17 Ark W
2003- Aub W
2002- 23-0 Aub W

Washington:
2009- 31-23 LSU L

Washington State:
2006- 40-14 Aub L

Now, let's break that down. Since 2000, the Pac-10 leads the SEC 12-9. The babbling about the Pac-10 only beating lower level teams is garbage. In fact, during those years, the SEC teams have a record of 158-98. The PAC-10 teams have a record of 147-104. From the looks of it, it is the SEC teams that tend to beat up on the bottom feeders. Even if you take USC out of the equation, the Pac-10 holds it's own going 8-9. But, since SEC fans are so rational, I'm sure they would say it is only fair to take arguably the SEC's best team of the last decade (vs. the Pac-10), LSU...thus bringing the record back into the Pac-10's favor at 9-5.

The asterisk *, are games that the Pac-10 let slip away and should have won. Since I watch a ton of football, I can tell you all about OSU's Serna missing a million extra points to lose to LSU in a deluge, or the Hail Mary pass LSU had to complete to defeat ASU in 2005. I can also tell you about the curb-stopping USC put on an Arkansas team that was led by some running back named McFadden something and who eventually played for the SEC championship.

So, I would say the Pac-10 more than holds it's own vs. the SEC the last 10 years. Yes, the SEC has more NCs, but that is never really argued. However, anyone who is not an id**t knows that football goes in cycles and things will change.

Oh, and South Carolina? Are you serious? Now they are a top SEC team... Maybe this year, and only this year, but in reality land they still blow!

Last edited by Acuda; 09-22-2010 at 10:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football