Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:58 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
I find it funny that after TCU beat down then #5 Utah - all the BCS excuse makers are now towing the "Well, Utah was overrated" line.

Um, it was the BCS that put Utah at #5, you know.

Yea - and Chattanooga and Washington are just such powerhouses.....
I hate the BCS. And after watching a 5 loss, freshman QB led Notre Dame team just dismantle Utah 28-3. One has to conclude Utah was indeed waay overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 03:59 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I hate the BCS. And after watching a 5 loss, freshman QB led Notre Dame team just dismantle Utah 28-3. One has to conclude Utah was indeed waay overrated.
Another reason for a TCU fan to hate the BCS..... BECAUSE of that loss, TCU's gonna be effected, even though they're destroying yet another team.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:20 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,418,228 times
What about 2003 LSU TIGERS?

Old 11-13-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
What about 2003 LSU TIGERS?
I'm sure USC fans would love to get in on that one...

Old 11-13-2010, 09:34 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Another reason for a TCU fan to hate the BCS..... BECAUSE of that loss, TCU's gonna be effected, even though they're destroying yet another team.
Down by 14 in the first quarter and winning by only 5 points is hardly destroying. It was freaking San Diego State. LOL. The donks have you beat this week.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Down by 14 in the first quarter and winning by only 5 points is hardly destroying. It was freaking San Diego State. LOL. The donks have you beat this week.
"Freaking San Diego State" was 7-2 coming into this game and just two spots out of the top 25. TCU also led the game for like the last 38 minutes of the game, while Boise State beat up on "freaking Idaho".

Thanks ESPN...

P.S., I posted that when TCU was up 34-14

Old 11-14-2010, 10:28 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
Quote:
"Freaking San Diego State" was 7-2 coming into this game and just two spots out of the top 25. TCU also led the game for like the last 38 minutes of the game, while Boise State beat up on "freaking Idaho".

Thanks ESPN...

P.S., I posted that when TCU was up 34-14
But at the same time, when you're essentially engaged in a beauty pageant, any blemish will kill you.

Boise State took a lot of heat for the La Tech game because we let them run on us a bit... even though the game was NEVER in question and their last TD to get 20 was in the last few minutes with our subs in.

I think most of us agree that these two teams are virtually EQUAL. TCU gets mad respect for its defense, supposedly playing a better SOS, and (IMO), simply for being a Texas team.

Boise State gets respect for its offense, Kellen Moore, and a little bit of respect for the Virginia Tech win and even less for the TCU win last year.

I think this week exposed TCU's schedule a bit, which is what I've been saying all along, and a little bit of its defense, though I still think it's the best in the nation.

TCU has an overrated Utah, an overrated Baylor, an underrated SDSU, and that's pretty much it. Oregon State and Wyoming are washes.

BSU has a surging and underrated Virginia Tech and (hopefully) a ranked Nevada team, and two conference teams (Fresno and Hawaii) that are top 30 and comparable to Air Force, SDSU, and Baylor.

For what it's worth, this week Sagarin has the WAC above the MWC.

It's a shame we have to fight with each other.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
But at the same time, when you're essentially engaged in a beauty pageant, any blemish will kill you.

Boise State took a lot of heat for the La Tech game because we let them run on us a bit... even though the game was NEVER in question and their last TD to get 20 was in the last few minutes with our subs in.

I think most of us agree that these two teams are virtually EQUAL. TCU gets mad respect for its defense, supposedly playing a better SOS, and (IMO), simply for being a Texas team.

Boise State gets respect for its offense, Kellen Moore, and a little bit of respect for the Virginia Tech win and even less for the TCU win last year.

I think this week exposed TCU's schedule a bit, which is what I've been saying all along, and a little bit of its defense, though I still think it's the best in the nation.

TCU has an overrated Utah, an overrated Baylor, an underrated SDSU, and that's pretty much it. Oregon State and Wyoming are washes.

BSU has a surging and underrated Virginia Tech and (hopefully) a ranked Nevada team, and two conference teams (Fresno and Hawaii) that are top 30 and comparable to Air Force, SDSU, and Baylor.

For what it's worth, this week Sagarin has the WAC above the MWC.

It's a shame we have to fight with each other.
I'm NOT TRYING TO FIGHT YOU.

What ever happened to "a win is a win"? TCU WINS one game by less than 10 points, Baylor (7-4) loses, and Utah (8-2) loses to Notre Dame. supposedly overrated because of this..... and all of a sudden, TCU's not as good as we though? What the hell's that?

Because of what happened to OTHER teams, that's completely out of TCU's control, they' shouldn't be ranked as high? That makes no sense.

GOD, I HATE THIS SYSTEM.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:04 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
Quote:
I'm NOT TRYING TO FIGHT YOU.

What ever happened to "a win is a win"? TCU WINS one game by less than 10 points, Baylor (7-4) loses, and Utah (8-2) loses to Notre Dame. supposedly overrated because of this..... and all of a sudden, TCU's not as good as we though? What the hell's that?

Because of what happened to OTHER teams, that's completely out of TCU's control, they' shouldn't be ranked as high? That makes no sense.

GOD, I HATE THIS SYSTEM.
I completely agree, but Boise was in your position a few weeks ago. Ranked 5, then 4, then 3, then watched as any team they could find passed us, then watched as TCU passed us even though we kept winning and winning and had no close games since Va Tech - we were basically being punished for Va Tech losing to James Madison.

Now you know EXACTLY how Boise fans have felt these past 5 weeks. It's not fair.

I'm sure there will be a lot of drama left. I expect TCU is still 3 in the BCS. I'm sure we'll struggle against Nevada and you might jump us in the polls again.

I hate it.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:49 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
I think everyone with a brain in their head knows that a playoff is the only real solution. The BCS has successfully produced an undisputed champion only twice that I can think of. It's three years straight leaving an undefeated out in the cold. Yes the BCS was a step in the right direction. Before the BCS, there was no sure way to get number 1 to play number 2 at the end of the year. But with 119 teams it just isn't enough. There's too many "what if's" out there to leave it to a one-off game that picks teams based on a computer algorithm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football