Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Oregon 40 54.05%
Auburn 34 45.95%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
It doesn't matter. Just like it doesn't matter if a person wants to call out a 23year old for being a punk. There are a ton of 23 year old punks out there. But if you want to hop on his lap and say he's the bees knees, go right ahead. Fairley is a non-issue in most people's lives.
So why even call him a punk because of this? Why would you defend someone being so knit picky to find that as the reason to bash Auburn because Auburn won a football game?

You're the defending a guy talking about a college student being a punk... An oxymoron in itself.

A punk is a kid shooting up methadone or popping Adderall while daddy buys him a new BMW. That's a punk!!! Not a kid who earned a scholarship to college and is one of the best football players in the country. Whom we know for a fact is drug-free since they test student-atheletes.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:18 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
So why even call him a punk because of this? Why would you defend someone being so knit picky to find that as the reason to bash Auburn because Auburn won a football game?

You're the defending a guy talking about a college student being a punk... An oxymoron in itself.

A punk is a kid shooting up methadone or popping Adderall while daddy buys him a new BMW. That's a punk!!! Not a kid who earned a scholarship to college and is one of the best football players in the country. Whom we know for a fact is drug-free since they test student-atheletes.
Haha, it's cool. (edit-sentence deleted) Seriously, if you want to think Fairley is a saint, be my guess. But, please be real bro, it isn't just some guy on CD who thinks the guy is a punk. Heck, even after his tactics were spotlighted prior to the NC, the dude rolls in and gets a PI. In fact, there were about 3-4 PIs from that godly bunch of sweet, southern boys. Besides, a lot of people think he is a dirty player. I can really careless. So, I'll let you be and keep up the matrydom of the AU program.

But, just to set me straight, a punk is a kid who gets a car from daddy (and does drugs), right? So, what about a kid who "unknowingly" is connected to $180,000 for daddy?

Oh, and if you think all athletes get tested and are clean as a whistle, you really do look the other way. Shoot, I sat right next to Onterrio Smith at UO as he blazed up...and this was after he was expelled from UT for...wait for it, smoking dope. I'm sure Ricky Williams was not smoking da kine at UT.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-15-2011 at 09:28 AM..

Old 01-14-2011, 06:22 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

Oh, get off the high horse. Had your kicker shanked the chip shot with 2 seconds left and the Ducks forced overtime and won, you would be on this thread talking smack about how it was a cheap win and the final score did not reflect the game, yada, yada, yada. I know how it works with some of you guys.

I commend Auburn for their win, but my attitude towards Fairley is the same. Definitions of a punk vary. What you described is a rich drug addict playing with old money. My definition of a punk is based on how you treat other people. It has nothing to do with talent or scholorships. I see Fairley as a punk, and I'm not alone in my opinion. You're welcome to have you're own opinion as well. In the meantime, stop criticizing other users for siding with an opinion that you don't agree with. (mod edit)--Going...

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-15-2011 at 08:19 AM..

Old 01-15-2011, 05:22 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,250 times
[quote=ditchlights;17417225]My definition of a punk is based on how you treat other people. It has nothing to do with talent or scholorships. I see Fairley as a punk, and I'm not alone in my opinion. You're welcome to have you're own opinion as well. In the meantime, stop criticizing other users for siding with an opinion that you don't agree with. (mod edit)--Going...

I have no problem with talking smack... But the name of this thread is BCS National Title Game against Auburn & Oregon... Not whether or not Nick Fairley is a punk.

Trying to justify calling a 22 year old a punk because of something he did on a football field doesn't make you look "small, pathetic, and childish." (mod edit) Going...

Calling him a dirty player is fine, but none of you know if he is a punk and certainly shouldnt make a character judgement based on a football game. And based on your definition of punk.... how has Nick Fairley treated others like a punk? You don't even know...

(Mod edit)--Going.....

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-15-2011 at 08:23 AM..

Old 01-15-2011, 08:17 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,837,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
This was the third reminder for keeping things in check on this thread. So much for what I have to say. I was hoping for solid and respectable debate to last a few days as this is the Super Bowl for college fans and I didn't want to shut this thread down because of it. For now the thread is closed until I have time to clean this up. I may or may not reopen it.

Ok, will try this once again. Thread reopened.
Going.....

Old 01-15-2011, 08:26 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,837,835 times
Gone! I shut down this thread a few days ago to let people cool off . It stays shut now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.