Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 10:39 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,588,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
Wonder if OU might lose at Baylor. That would be pretty funny.
As an OU fan I'm sweating that game. RGIII has been playing lights out.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 PM

922 posts, read 1,691,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Nope, it means nothing. They have only beaten a crappy Notre Dame team (by only 3 points)
That game wasn't as close as the score seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsillustrated.com
Officials asked fans to leave the stadium at halftime because of severe weather, mostly lightning, and the teams then stayed in their locker rooms for 2 hours, 10 minutes until it cleared. South Florida led 16-0 at the time.

Then with 4:21 to play, the game was delayed for 43 minutes and again fans departed the stadium with wicked lightning flickering around the stadium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari
Illinois - Good 4-0 and they have decent skill players
Illinois is probably the most overrated team in the country, only good team they played has been Arizona State.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:03 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,498,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
We had a living legend as coach. It takes years to allow them to bow out gracefully. He replaced our great offensive coordinator Mark Richt and replaced him with a loser of a guy Jeff Bowden i.e. the non-football son. The rest is history. We couldn't just say "oh that Ron Zook guy is terrible lets fire him".

There we go again with ESPN guys. Howard reaches alot. Manuel isn't that good; never was. It's the reason he most likely won't be the starter as at the end of season if not next game. He has been outplayed by a scrawny freshmen with good vision, something Manuel completely lacks.

Why so it factors in conference rankings... again, it's non-conference play we are talking about. Past 5 years (showing AQ conference opponents plus top 25 teams)....
FSU - Oklahoma (2), BYU (2), USF, Alabama, Colorado (2)
UF - USF, Miami, Hawaii
As you notice, you haven't played anyone in non-conference play (except us).

Well when you accept any player that other schools wont touch due to their criminal records (i.e. Chris "No means Yes" Rainey, Percy "I'm banned in Virginia High School athletics" Harvin, etc), you have potential to do that. So hats off to these criminals and their accomplishments with Tebow i.e. "God's Chosen One" who failed Him his senior year .

So casual that we average above capacity in the middle of our dark period 2005 and 2006. As for recent attendance history, we are still between 90-95% capacity, which is still good (max is 82,300). Fun Fact: Our team set your stadium attendance record.
So sad with the typical out of conference talk. When you play in the ACC you have to play out of conference games because your conference is horrible. You know you want no part of comparing the entire schedule so you pick out the out of conference part.

As of two years ago(when I last asked the UAA friend I have) it was harder to get an athlete into UF than FSU. UF will not replace grades, they take the average. FSU will replace a grade if the kid takes it over in HS. So just like it's harder to get into UF as a student the same goes for an athlete.

Anyone can sell out for a big game and and fill up decent if you are selling tickets for next to nothing. Fanbase can be measured on how they show up with you have just a decent team. The pictures I posted tell the whole story for how horrible fsu fans are.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,439,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
So sad with the typical out of conference talk. When you play in the ACC you have to play out of conference games because your conference is horrible. You know you want no part of comparing the entire schedule so you pick out the out of conference part.
Dude, you play on the easy side with two basketball schools, 1 future probation team, and a struggling ready to fire coach team. That leaves 1 decent team in addition to you (which an ACC school beat last postseason). It isn't anywhere close to the West guys. You might play two of them a year but that doesn't make up the cupcakes you guys play. "We book FSU so we don't have to play anyone but FCS schools in our out-of-conference schedule WAAA!!!!" says Foley.

Quote:
As of two years ago(when I last asked the UAA friend I have) it was harder to get an athlete into UF than FSU. UF will not replace grades, they take the average. FSU will replace a grade if the kid takes it over in HS. So just like it's harder to get into UF as a student the same goes for an athlete.
Don't get it twisted. Yes, it is tougher for non-athletes to get into UF than FSU. But as for Athletes the rules don't apply... So hard... Percy Harvin had an 890 on his SAT. So hard... Brandon Spikes had a 2.9 GPA in high school. That's two star players on your NC team i.e. recent history.

Just give it up dude. UF and their fans are a big joke. The bragging and boasting as it relates to Football is over. The combined records of their opponents so far show that. Mullen's gone. Tebow's gone. Harvin's gone. BCS bowl picture's gone. Enjoy Zook part deux.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Dude, you play on the easy side with two basketball schools, 1 future probation team, and a struggling ready to fire coach team. That leaves 1 decent team in addition to you (which an ACC school beat last postseason). It isn't anywhere close to the West guys. You might play two of them a year but that doesn't make up the cupcakes you guys play. "We book FSU so we don't have to play anyone but FCS schools in our out-of-conference schedule WAAA!!!!" says Foley.

Don't get it twisted. Yes, it is tougher for non-athletes to get into UF than FSU. But as for Athletes the rules don't apply... So hard... Percy Harvin had an 890 on his SAT. So hard... Brandon Spikes had a 2.9 GPA in high school. That's two star players on your NC team i.e. recent history.

Just give it up dude. UF and their fans are a big joke. The bragging and boasting as it relates to Football is over. The combined records of their opponents so far show that. Mullen's gone. Tebow's gone. Harvin's gone. BCS bowl picture's gone. Enjoy Zook part deux.
You keep ignoring the Sagarin ranking by end of season I've mentioned because you know you'd want no part of that. The only reason your schedule had a decent ranking last year was you played OU. Once that series is over you'll be back to a really poor one again. Like Bobby Bowden said, FSU didn't join the SEC because it would be too hard to win every year.

It's quite ironic you say it's over with UF as they have no won national championship with two coaches while FSU has only had one run ever and it was over 10 years ago.

edit: Last two sentences deleted.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-27-2011 at 05:17 PM..

Old 09-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Once that series is over you'll be back to a really poor one again. Like Bobby Bowden said, FSU didn't join the SEC because it would be too hard to win every year.
I guess you don't know the history. FSU wanted into the SEC for years. UF blocked them. When the ACC came knocking, the SEC did too. This is when our program started flourishing. At that point, we decided against them and went with the ACC.

Quote:
It's quite ironic you say it's over with UF as they have no won national championship with two coaches while FSU has only had one run ever and it was over 10 years ago.
Why all the semantics??? I get it you won one... yes ONE more championship than us. From 1987 to 2000, we were in the AP Top 5 (post) poll playing in a good chunk of the National Championships including winning two. Something Spurrior and gang couldn't do for that long stretch.
As for 2 coaches vs 1... again who cares...
Bowden - 34 seasons
Spurrior - 12 seasons
Meyer - 6 seasons

Please just give it up... Focus on your game for next week.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I guess you don't know the history. FSU wanted into the SEC for years. UF blocked them. When the ACC came knocking, the SEC did too. This is when our program started flourishing. At that point, we decided against them and went with the ACC.

Why all the semantics??? I get it you won one... yes ONE more championship than us. From 1987 to 2000, we were in the AP Top 5 (post) poll playing in a good chunk of the National Championships including winning two. Something Spurrior and gang couldn't do for that long stretch.
As for 2 coaches vs 1... again who cares...
Bowden - 34 seasons
Spurrior - 12 seasons
Meyer - 6 seasons

Please just give it up... Focus on your game for next week.
One more championship and the series history is 33-20. This is all while being in a real conference and not the ACC.

Once again you are forced to bring up useless topics like seasons coached.

Quote:
Florida Times Union
"why would we want to join the SEC and become just another 8-4 football team?"

St. Pete Times, 9/17/90
"I think we made a wise decision and we have more flexibility. When your in the SEC you can't afford to play a good non-conference schedule. Playing in the ACC we can play a Notre Dame , Miami and Florida. There's six teams in the SEC that can win the conference championship, that’s a negative rather than a positive. I want to win national Championships".

L. A. Times, 9/20/90
"Joining the ACC instead of the SEC was the smart play. No team wins a national Championship with an 8-3 record. We were willing to join the SEC as long as we didn't have to play Alabama and Auburn in the same year, but the SEC declined".
It was the smart move joining the ACC otherwise you probably wouldn't have any national championships. Taking the easy road now has you screwed in the present as you'll have to go undefeated to be in the national championship game. FSU really has nothing in common with the ACC. You have a horrible basketball program and academically you are inferior to most ACC schools.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
One more championship and the series history is 33-20. This is all while being in a real conference and not the ACC.
Again, you play on the easy side. Kentucky and Vanderbuilt are lucky to be AQ, let alone divison 1. Tennessee is far from what they use to be, slutting out the spirit squad will eventually put them in probation. Georgia has been on the decrease for a couple years now. Leaves us South Carolina the team that won your side of the division last year... yeah we beat them last season convincedly.

Quote:
It was the smart move joining the ACC otherwise you probably wouldn't have any national championships. Taking the easy road now has you screwed in the present as you'll have to go undefeated to be in the national championship game.
You sure about that. You were ranked top 5 most of the 90s and we pretty much dominated you during that time. From 87 to the time we join the ACC, we beat Auburn 3 Times, LSU 3 times, Florida 4 times, South Carolina (while Independent at that time) 4 times. So to say we couldn't hang is far from the truth, especially since we crushed your dreams about every year in the 90s on our way to the national championship game (yes 5 games in 10 years).

As for the quotes... There are quotes for everyone's agenda. It comes down to this... If you are rejected for many years (from 1956 until finally offering in 1990), why wouldn't you have moved on at that point...

Quote:
FSU really has nothing in common with the ACC. You have a horrible basketball program and academically you are inferior to most ACC schools.
Are you just stabbing in the dark because now you are just trying way too hard... Please just stop.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:02 PM

Why don't you go look up the strength of schedules. While you are at it look up overall head to head and national championships

Old 10-01-2011, 02:06 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,788,256 times
2 weeks in a row of 2nd half fail, good job TAMU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football