Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
LOL. Your post was not visible when I posted this;
Ha Ha! There is a definite divide between Duck fans. Half say we need to get back to the original school colors, hmm, a, well, oh yeah, green and yellow. The other half say that our tradition is the ever evolving uniform. I fall in the middle. I love the black uniforms, I mean, black pretty much goes with anything. But, I wish we wore the old school colors more often. Frankly, we can win pink for all I care. I want to win another darn BCS bowl...preferable the NC!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:18 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Ha Ha! There is a definite divide between Duck fans. Half say we need to get back to the original school colors, hmm, a, well, oh yeah, green and yellow. The other half say that our tradition is the ever evolving uniform. I fall in the middle. I love the black uniforms, I mean, black pretty much goes with anything. But, I wish we wore the old school colors more often. Frankly, we can win pink for all I care. I want to win another darn BCS bowl...preferable the NC!
Duck colors are always fun to watch. I like seeing a new uniform every game...

My least favorite was the yellow uniforms with green backing it up:

These are my favorite Oregon duck uniforms:

Last edited by h152cc2; 08-26-2011 at 08:20 AM..

Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yowzaa!

I'm sure good ol' SEC wrist slapping will hapen and the players miss half of a quarter against Northwestern State School of the Blind.

Report: LSU's Jordan Jefferson, three teammates to face battery charges | NOLA.com
Being that there are arrest warrants out now, I would say your team lucks out by playing a gimpy LSU team missing these 4 players including star QB Jefferson. You can add that Russell Shepard, i.e. their best receiver, has been suspended for that game too. If you lose now, your program looks that much worse.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Being that there are arrest warrants out now, I would say your team lucks out by playing a gimpy LSU team missing these 4 players including star QB Jefferson. You can add that Russell Shepard, i.e. their best receiver, has been suspended for that game too. If you lose now, your program looks that much worse.
Without those starters UO is going to take them to the woodshed.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:04 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Agreed. It is a lose/lose situation.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
I think Oregon's gonna put the hurt to LSU. If they don't, then Oregon's got some explaining to do.

I'm an LSU fan, but ever since moving to the NW I've come to like Oregon. It's really too bad that LSU's players were so freakin stupid to do this. I was looking forward to a classic matchup. Now even if Oregon wins, people will always wonder, which is not fair to Oregon. They've got a great team, and their coaching is second to none.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:29 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
There will still be a great matchup with the Ducks against the Furd.

And of course you can't overlook the rivalry games against Udub and the Beavs. More often than not those games are always fun as long as the talent isn't lopsided.

Looking forward to Virginia having a good start. We can win six games this year, if we do is TBD but it's possible.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:31 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
I root for the pack of wolves that represent North Carolina State University. And quite frankly I have no clue what to expect from them this year. We had a good season last year but usually whenever we have a good season or finish the year on a good note the next year we disappoint.

For starters Russell Wilson transferred to Wisconsin so that's a big loss. We also no longer have LB Nate Irving as he now plays for the Denver Broncos. We already have been bitten by the injury bug which somehow didn't come around much last season.

Our starting QB Mike Glennon was a top 3 QB recruit in his class of 2008 in the ESPN top 150 but other than garbage time he really hasn't had a chance to play. He'll have his chance to make a good impression this season.

Anyways good luck to all your teams and may the best team win

Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
They'll be either third or foruth in the Division if Clemson actually puts something together.

Should make a bowl game.

I'm interested in what those Tar Heels are gonna do. Frankly I doubt Withers gets the head job only because that rarely happens. Coordinators are such for a reason unless they're wooed by other schools.

If they're smart they'll get someone from the CAA.

I don't think Virginia will beat them this year but hey weirder things have happened.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times
Subject change!!!!

Uni Watch delivers every stitch of change in college football uniforms - ESPN

Check out the link and see what digs your school will be wearing this season!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football