Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times

Advertisements

1) Oregon--- uniforms, facilities, atmosphere, talent, speed, location

2) West Virginia--- atmosphere, fan base, tradition, location,

3) Miami--- location, location, location

4) Colorado--- unique, location, tradition

5) Boise State--- blue turf, uniforms, talent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 03:22 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
I'd just be happy to be 18 again!

Old 04-29-2012, 01:19 PM

155 posts, read 266,042 times
1 - Tennessee
2 - Tennessee
3 - Tennessee
4 - Tennessee
5 - Alabama (so I can purposefully tank their game when they play Tennessee)

Old 05-03-2012, 03:45 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Stanford -- has always been my dream school to go to. If only I tried harder in school or in sports

University of Miami -- Went to school there, loved it. As long as they were winning it would probably be the best program to play for.

University of Michigan -- I'm from Michigan and how can you beat the Big House??

Old 05-03-2012, 03:59 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
1. THE U!- My favorite and dream school
2. LSU- been there many times and it's like a second home to me
3. Michigan- Two words: Big House
4. Alabama- Tradition
5. FIU- It's in Miami
6. FAU- It's close to Miami
7. South Florida- It's still south florida
8. North Texas- I kinda always liked the mean green
9. Eastern Michigan- Nice small school
10. Duke- Reputation not football rep either.

Top 10 schools I wouldn't go to even if they were the only ones to offer a scholarship!

1. Ohio State
2. FLA State
3. Wisconsin
4. Michigan State
5. USC
6. Notre Dame
7. Va Tech
8. Minn
9. Northwestern
10. Texas A&M

Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,177 times
1.---Wisconsin---love camp randall stadium---love Madison---outside Madison pretty rolling hills
2--- Oregon----great area---high flying offense----great uniforms
3--- Penn State---aside from the controversy this is still a storied program---nice countryside
4--- Colorado----this is a program waiting to explode---what scenery around Boulder
5--- Tennessee---you know sooner or later Rocky Top will be back and dancing in the end zone

Old 05-03-2012, 05:48 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyFootballGuy View Post
1) Oregon - If you were 18 years old and could play college football anywhere in the country, where would you wanna play? I can't believe I am saying this, but I would probably play for the Oregon Ducks. I love all of their different uniform combinations, they got great facilities, they play in a great stadium which may be small but it's loud and fun and just a really cool stadium, Eugene is a neat college town, the PAC-12 is a great conference, the weather in Oregon is nice and mild, and Phil Night from Nike is their big booster. Also, that offense of theirs looks really fun even though the pro style offense that Steve Sarkisian runs up at Washington is better suited for a future in the NFL. The Oregon program just seems so cool to me even though I root against them and I have tried to hate them.

2) Florida State - After Oregon I would probably choose Florida State. I like the direction that FSU is heading in. It looks like the Noles are getting their swagger back.

3) Notre Dame - After FSU I would probably pick Notre Dame. Love them or hate them, they will always be the New York Yankees of college football. Notre Dame is just a very special and very unique place regardless of their lack of success lately.

4) LSU - I love the SEC, the atmosphere at Tiger Stadium for night games is awesome. I just love their program.

5) Tennessee - To be able to play at Neyland Stadium and here the Vols fans sing Rockytop would be enough for me to wanna play there. My favorite stadium, fans, and gameday atmosphere in the country by far!
1) USC- Easy choice. In LA, near the beach, great weather, beautiful women, etc. They are probably the "coolest" school in college football. Plus they're a perennial winner and playing in a easy-ish conference they have a great shot at playing for a championship every year.

2) Miami- Great weather and playing there gives you a good chance to play in the NFL as it's "NFL U." They are down right now but eventually they'll be back to contending.

3) Florida- The atmosphere at "The Swamp" is amazing and playing in the SEC will help you get to the next level. They are going through changes right now and rebuilding a bit but I can't see them staying down for long.

4) Texas- One of the preeminent programs in the country. They put up top teams year in and year out and playing there gives you a good shot at contending for a national title at some point during your career there.

5) Alabama- Right now they are the top program in the country. Though I wouldn't really want to live in Alabama for 4 years I could do it if only for the chance to play for multiple national titles. Plus they have a deep and rich history and tradition of winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football