Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:52 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Check the date when I posted that... They are normally terrible-- this year they aren't. But how was I supposed to know that after they only played 1 game (against North Texas)?
FIU is supposed to be good, but against North Texas ANYONE can look good

So this thought crossed my mind It seems that more amd more superconferences are evolving, Texas and OU are tlaking about going to the PAC 12 Two more schools are going to the Big East

Well. should North Texas try to get into the WAC or Mountain West OR
Should they try to get a few schools to join the Sun Belt ?

Maybe Nichols State Mcneese, Texas State can move up and join.....
Maybe UT Arlington and Wichita State as well ?
OH WaIT those teams Dropped football YEARS Ago after having programs like North Texas'........

SO what is North Texas to do ? Drop down a division and probably never fill apology stadium, or jump up to Independent and run with the big boys for a while?

I think UNT needs to set higher standards for itself, but that is hard to do when you are running a program like a Kmart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 08:00 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
They could probably compete in the WAC, but I think that conference is really on a downward spiral and joining it might not be a good move.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
FIU is supposed to be good, but against North Texas ANYONE can look good

So this thought crossed my mind It seems that more amd more superconferences are evolving, Texas and OU are tlaking about going to the PAC 12 Two more schools are going to the Big East

Well. should North Texas try to get into the WAC or Mountain West OR
Should they try to get a few schools to join the Sun Belt ?

Maybe Nichols State Mcneese, Texas State can move up and join.....
Maybe UT Arlington and Wichita State as well ?
OH WaIT those teams Dropped football YEARS Ago after having programs like North Texas'........

SO what is North Texas to do ? Drop down a division and probably never fill apology stadium, or jump up to Independent and run with the big boys for a while?

I think UNT needs to set higher standards for itself, but that is hard to do when you are running a program like a Kmart
Texas State will move into the WAC in 2012

Old 09-22-2011, 03:09 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
They could probably compete in the WAC, but I think that conference is really on a downward spiral and joining it might not be a good move.
No doubt the WAC is going downward big time, still have a couple of teams who could be capable of good seasons if they click, Utah State, LA Tech, two big underachievers I believe, disappointing really. Idaho had of shot of being decent.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:11 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
I agree, those teams have potential, but the conference has already lost [Boise St.] or is about to lose [Hawaii, Nevada, Fresno St.] their major players in football. I just don't think it bodes well for their future.

As far as the Bottom 10, he picks Ole Miss for the 5 spot, for losing to Vanderbilt. Not really sure about that, I know Vandy isn't great but they're both in the SEC.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:20 AM

North Texas Climbed to 6th ranking this week, and this Saturday at Apology Stadium in Denton will look to improve on a defense that is allowing 559 Yards Per Game when it goes against the Indiana Hosers who beat powerhouse South Carolina State last week.
I don't see this boding well for UNT because a few minutes of reviewing the tapes from last week's games will show Indiana where the weakness is on UNT Defense.
Granted Indiana is no Alabama as far as football, but North Texas is still learning a new scheme and the coach is still teaching the players the basics. AND REMEMBER The UNT Defensive Coordinator used to be the Defensive Coordinator for Western Kentucky, a team that ranked dead last in defense year in and year out under his guidance.
But for what they pay at North Texas, well, the old phrase goes "you get what you pay for"

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 09-22-2011 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: speellingg

Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 AM

977 posts, read 1,955,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
No doubt the WAC is going downward big time, still have a couple of teams who could be capable of good seasons if they click, Utah State, LA Tech, two big underachievers I believe, disappointing really.
I like Utah State, not sure why, but I do. I watched them several times last year, and in the season opener this year. Their offense looked good against Auburn, Nevada, and BYU, but defense was lacking. They could definately be on the rise if they make strides defensively and can finish out football games.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:59 PM

Check out North Texas, 7-0 lead in the 2nd Quarter See how that finishes

Old 09-24-2011, 09:55 PM

977 posts, read 1,955,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Indiana is terrible, but there is a big difference between the bottom of the Big Least and the bottom of the Sun Belt. My guess is they beat North Texas by double digits.
I stand corrected. Indiana is the worst team in football.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:21 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Was at the UNT game! It was awesome!

Students rushed the field after the game!

Gosh Indiana is terrible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football