Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 04:47 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,292 times

Advertisements

You're probably right. With Abdullah, I think that next year could be a very good year for the Huskers. But he is the key because they will need to lean on him as well as Cross and Newby next year as the young QB's continue to develop.

I've heard a few people say that Stanton will likely beat out Armstrong for the starting job next year. I'm not so sure. Armstrong did have some bad stretches but he can throw the deep ball with some accuracy and while not as fast as Martinez, he is fast enough to make some plays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 06:18 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,080 times
Armstrong can run, though not as well as Martinez. He can throw better, though is prone to mistakes and INTs. His passing game has much more potential for development than Martinez's, and once that happens he can be elite. I really don't know much about Stanton or how well he runs, but we'll have to see how it plays out. The defense is young and came together well this year, so I look for them to have a strong year next year.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:42 PM

More college athletes should think like this. This is good news on multiple levels.

Abdullah to Return to Huskers in 2014 - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

Old 01-11-2014, 02:58 PM

This is great news! The Huskers need Abdullah next season.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:40 PM

293 posts, read 469,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
More college athletes should think like this. This is good news on multiple levels.

Abdullah to Return to Huskers in 2014 - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

Old 01-13-2014, 05:09 PM

Coming off a bowl win and the return of Abdullah, I am hoping this means the Huskers are in for a big season. Not a national championship season but perhaps a Big Ten championship...

Old 01-18-2014, 01:49 PM

Nebraska hired Charlton Warren as the DB coach. I can't say that I know anything about him but it sounds like he has some potential as a recruiter and has connections in the state of Georgia. I find it interesting that Pelini would hire him without any real connection between the two.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:27 PM

Report: Bo Pelini gets contract extension | sports.omaha.com

Thoughts? He clearly has the support of Eichorst (at least for now). If he does terribly at some point during the next couple of years, they will still buy him out so I don't think it guarantees him anything.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Report: Bo Pelini gets contract extension | sports.omaha.com

Thoughts? He clearly has the support of Eichorst (at least for now). If he does terribly at some point during the next couple of years, they will still buy him out so I don't think it guarantees him anything.
I think Pelini's job rests at the qb position. Calahan also had contract extension if i remember correctly. I think they're good enough this coming season he wont have a problem.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:34 PM

It was just Florida Atlantic, but Nebraska looked good in many facets today. It seems easy to do against a team like FAU, but some of the records set today were all-time Big 10 records, and there have been plenty of good teams and patsy opponents in the past.
Abdullah looked spry, juking guys out of their cleats and making it look effortless to get an extra 5 yards. Armstrong looks much improved over last year, especially throwing the ball. Westerkamp probably had the catch of the year.
Hopefully the injury to Randy Gregory is not serious. They never did give us much information on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football