Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Wow, Texas was truly exposed today. OU took them to the woodshed, big time...lol.
Rude Sooners - they never used any lube at all.

Ah well.....is it time for basketball yet? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Hmmmmm?.....Excuses? LOL, you Shorthorns make college football so much fun.

Kinda quiet from the Fighting Bevos.

*crickets chirping*

I just got back.

Yeah, it certainly sucked for us UT fans, but at least we get to live in Texas and y'all have to go back to Oklahoma.

Seriously though,, I didn't think the Horns would fall apart like that, and would hang close. But instead, we just got hung.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I just got back.

Yeah, it certainly sucked for us UT fans, but at least we get to live in Texas and y'all have to go back to Oklahoma.

Seriously though,, I didn't think the Horns would fall apart like that, and would hang close. But instead, we just got hung.
>>>>>
<<<<<

Interesting comment. Still drinking that Bitter Beer?

Along with myself, Okies are quite happy to return to Oklahoma. It makes my day to know that you prefer Tejas. Cheers.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
>>>>>
<<<<<

Interesting comment. Still drinking that Bitter Beer?

Along with myself, Okies are quite happy to return to Oklahoma. It makes my day to know that you prefer Tejas. Cheers.

Nah, not bitter at all, just disappointed.

We'll be back to beat OU again, just like it will rain here again.

In the meantime, It'll console myself with a few sips of this:

Old 10-09-2011, 06:26 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
I have a feeling OU is going to ROLL.

They have been losing respect in the polls for two straight weeks now and will show up in a big way.
Not to brag, but...

Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 PM

400 posts, read 949,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Not necessarily the top ten just yet (hence the question marks), but close to it. Notre Dame is back. They're not in the elite category of teams yet, but they've been very impressive the last few weeks, and they're building a foundation of success. They stumbled out of the starting blocks, but Brian Kelly has made the adjustments and they're starting to pay off in a visible way. He's got the offense moving like it was when he was with Cincinnati, and they ended up in the top ten during his last year. He also has a lot of talent to work with. The one thing Charlie Weis did well was recruit. I think people are overlooking ND right now, and that's fair given their string of disappointments, but they're going to be on everyone's radar before long.
It's good to have a dream....

Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomama2 View Post
It's good to have a dream....
I agree. That's what Notre Dame fans have been saying they are on the rise for the last 11 years. Beating Air Force senseless doesn't phase any major program at all. It never has...

I think USC takes them down next week.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
As a Texas fan, I wasn't expecting a win. But I wasn't expecting a complete meltdown, either.
Maybe it's a good thing I couldn't go to the game this year.

Everyone's young. I will give them 2 years. If they are not kick-ass awesome by then, we have a real problem.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
As a Texas fan, I wasn't expecting a win. But I wasn't expecting a complete meltdown, either.
Maybe it's a good thing I couldn't go to the game this year.

Everyone's young. I will give them 2 years. If they are not kick-ass awesome by then, we have a real problem.
What's kick-ass awesome? They beat-up State Puff Marshmallow teams in UCLA, ISU, BYU, and Rice. Texas has had 5 star recruits for the last million years and based on that, they are rarely kick-ass awesome.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:23 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
What's kick-ass awesome? They beat-up State Puff Marshmallow teams in UCLA, ISU, BYU, and Rice. Texas has had 5 star recruits for the last million years and based on that, they are rarely kick-ass awesome.
Since 2000 they have had nine 10+ win seasons...
Won 7 bowl games (3 bcs bowls)
Appeared in 2 NC games, won 1
Texas still has the most wins in the Big 12 since it started...

Teams with the most bowl appearances
1. Alabama
2. Tennessee
3. Texas

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...most_bowls.php

So lets not pretend Texas isn't a power house program... Texas will rebound, just like they always do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football