Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:35 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,900,505 times

Advertisements

Can you change this to a poll or add it?

Looks like its overwhelmingly LSU so far... I will echo that. but I'll give some context as to why.

1) LSU's DB's, coupled with McCarron's lack of experience, and lack of a big time playmaker receiver for Alabama. I think LSU can stack the box against Alabama and play man in the secondary. Making it easier to stop the run. I believe they will force Bama to pass just like Tennessee did. The difference is LSU's secondary can run with Bama's receivers. Couple that with the pressure they can put on McCarron and I think you have a recipe to stop Bama.

2) Jordan Jefferson. I know he does not start, but he brings a completely new dimension to LSU's offense. If the normal pound and play-action passes do not work against Bama's defense (And I don't expect it to). JJ will be able to bring another dimension to the attack that will help keep Bama's defense off balance. Neither team is going to score much in this game, but LSU's X-Factor should allow them to score more.

3) Special Teams. I think The Mad Hatter may have to pull off one of his great fakes in this game. He has the guts and gall to do it to Saban. Advantage LSU

20-16... LSU in a thriller!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 11:24 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times
Home team wins.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:36 AM

358 posts, read 711,746 times
I give the edge to LSU, but I am a biased alum. I actually don't expect it to go down to the wire. I think one team will pull away a bit by the end of the 3rd. I think the OP is right about the LSU wideouts. They COULD be a deciding factor if they play mistake-free and get yards after the catch. That is what will quiet the crowd down by the way.

As always the turnover margin will be huge.

Oh and I totally believe that in late November there will be a real discussion about a rematch. I just have a feeling. I think OU beats OSU and then if Clemson stumbles you have to start considering it at least.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:03 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,338,608 times
I am also a biased LSU alum, but I'll tell ya...it would be interesting to see how the LSU-Bama style of play would work against Stanford. I think OSU gets the nod over Stanford. Not sure if they should, but they probably will. I know that Stanford plays foo foo cake boy football, but they're pretty good at it.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:47 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,959,214 times
Its in Tuscaloosa, and Bama is a 4 1/2 point fave. Leaning Bama but hoping LSU.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:30 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,219,625 times
You know, I'm an SEC guy, but I find the title of this thread to be ridiculous. There's a lot of football to be played after November 5th.

What's more, does anybody remember Ohio State vs. Michigan getting the same stupid billing a few years back? The sportswriters of America proclaimed that to be the national championship game and how there should be a rematch in January.

Finally, that entire lazy, gin-swilling brood of hacks had an unexpected attack of conscience and decided to allow Florida to be Ohio State's sacrificial lamb at the coronation, excuse me, BCS Championship.

Florida, if you recall, played the drunken frat boy to the overweight plain freshman girl known as Ohio State, and had their way with the Buckeyes for 60 minutes. It was an embarrassing rout. I don't think OSU has really recovered from that beating to this day.

So excuse me if I don't call anything a national championship game until it is actually the National Championship Game.

Oh, and LSU 24, Bama 20.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,255 times
Alabama 34, LSU 13

Old 11-02-2011, 01:54 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadfdasd View Post
Alabama 34, LSU 13
Bold first time poster is bold.

I'll put mine here as well.

'bama-17
lsu-16

Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,502,870 times
I think if Bama looks real good at what West Virginia did to score against LSU they will have a foot up. I give Bama a small edge on defense and a small edge for playing in Tuscaloosa. As hard as it is for this old Vols fan to say----Alabama 27 LSU 24--I think the "experts" that decide these things will completely ignore an unbeaten Boise St. and possibly an unbeaten Oklahoma St and Stanford and will choose either a once beaten Oregon or the loser of the Bama-LSU game to play the winner of this game for the title.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:59 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,414,939 times
my heart is with LSU as it always has been.

my head just hurts. this is just too close to call.

Bama has shown great play but against lesser opponents.
LSU has is a great team but Bama is right there.

Im just nervious!LOL

LSU 27-24
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football