Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times

Advertisements

At the game last night I was able to talk to some of the staff and local leaders about funding issues for the universities in Colorado. It was a interesting discussion and I now think that since the state is not willing to properly fund higher education Pueblo needs to step up and vote on a 1% sales tax just for CSU Pueblo. That would raise millions for new buildings and professors, equipment, staff etc. That would help the university grow and meet the needs of the student body. Apparently they do that in Texas and it is a huge success for the universities there. I hope they get something like that going as I would support it 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 AM

Some pictures of the game!

A picture of the stands early on. My guess is there was over 6,000 people in attendance.

The home side.

The band on the field at half time.

The band

The score of the game at half time.

Towards the end of the game.

The final score!

After the game.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:07 PM

Talking CSU - P football ranked 18th in the country

The American Coach's Football poll is out and Colorado State University - Pueblo moved up in the polls from number 21 last week to 18 this week! I am speech less as I was not expecting this kind of jump in the poll from the Pack.

One thing to note. I could be wrong but I think that CSU - Pueblo is currently the highest ranked football team in the state of Colorado in any poll. I really think by the end of this decade CSU Pueblo will dominate division 2 in football and that will be awesome.

GOOD JOB THUNDERWOLFS!

Here is the link to the poll: Northwest Missouri State No. 2 in Division II Coaches' Poll

Old 09-17-2011, 02:23 PM

Default Pac game tonight!

Huge game tonight as Colorado State University - Pueblo (ranked 18th) travels to Adams State to play. Both teams are undefeated and this is the first home game for Adams State in the renovated football field. This is a must win for the Pack.

GO PACK!

This is from the Chieftain:

ALAMOSA — Tonight's meeting between No. 18 Colorado State University-Pueblo and host Adams State is as much of an event as it is a college football game.

The link: Pack fuels the fireworks - The Pueblo Chieftain: Local

Old 09-17-2011, 10:05 PM

Colorado State University - Pueblo beat Adams State 20 to 11 to go 3 and 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Pack!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM

Talking CSU-Pueblo avoids upset, unlike five teams in top-10

Some good news for 18th ranked CSU Pueblo as 5 of the top 10 teams in division 2 were upset last weekend. The poll should be coming out later today and I am hoping that the Thunderwolf's make the top 15.

This is from the Chieftain:

The Mines upset was just one of seven in the top 20. Top-ranked Minnesota-Duluth, the defending national champs, were beaten 7-0 by Wayne (Neb.) State, No. 3 Abilene Christian fell 23-17 to No. 4 Northern Alabama, No. 6 Albany State lost to Valdosta State 30-27 and No. 9 St. Cloud lost bad, 29-7, to Winona State. Another upset, a huge one, caught the attention of the ThunderWolves. West Texas A&M, the T-Wolves' opponent in their opener this season, knocked off fourth-ranked Texas A&M-Kingsville 42-21 in a game played at Texas Stadium in Dallas.

The link: Pack survives in wild weekend of D-II football - The Pueblo Chieftain: Local

Old 09-19-2011, 02:31 PM

Talking CSU P ranked 14th in the country

Its offical. Colorado State University - Pueblo is now ranked 14th in the country by the Division II Coaches' Poll! They were ranked 18th last week so that means they went up 4 spots.

WAY TO GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link to the poll: Lots of Reshuffling in Division II Coaches' Top 25 Poll

Old 09-23-2011, 04:38 PM

Talking Coming up on the big boys

This week is homecoming at CSU Pueblo and the Pack is playing Fort Lewis Saturday night. Kick off is at 6 pm. Now this might seem like a easy game, especially since Pueblo will be playing 3 tough games after this one (@ Chadron State, Colorado School of Mines, and @ Nebraska Kearney) but this is the game they better not look over if they want to be the RMAC chanpions and make the play offs. There is a interesting editorial in the Examiner that discuss this very thing. As usual I will be at the game and post my pictures on Monday.

This is from the Examiner:

If the Thunderwolves want to prove to be true champions then they can't overlook teams like Fort Lewis and they have to win and keep on winning. In this conference you can't afford not to.

The link: Coming up on the big boys - Colorado Springs CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves Football | Examiner.com

Last edited by Josseppie; 09-23-2011 at 04:47 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 PM

CSU Pueblo beat Fort Lewis 47 to 0 to go 4 and 0 and 2 and 0 in the RMAC. However because no team in the top 15 lost last weekend CSU Pueblo remained at 14 in the division 2 coach's poll.

This weekend starts a 3 game stretch for the pack that will be very hard. This week they travel to Chadron State.

Here are some of my pictures of the last game.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 PM

289 posts, read 776,267 times
All 52 people at the game saw a blowout!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football