Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times

Advertisements

This weekend Pueblo plays at Fort Lewis (Durango) who have yet to win a game. I suspect Pueblo will win again keeping their undefeated record going. I will post the score when the game is over.

Last edited by Josseppie; 09-27-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 03:13 PM

Well its the third quarter and Pueblo is up 29 to 7!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the game is over I will post the final score but I think its safe to say CSU Pueblo will remain undefeated.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:11 PM

The game is over and CSU Pueblo thumped Fort Lewis 50 to 21 to remain undefeated with a record of 5 wins and no losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 PM

I have some good news to report tonight.

The second ranked team in the nation, Minnesota- Duluth, lost to St Cloud. That means when the new coaches' poll comes out next week CSU Pueblo should go up one spot to be ranked the 2nd best team in division 2 football in the nation!!!!!!!!

PUEBLO REPRESENTS!!!!!

Last edited by Josseppie; 09-29-2012 at 10:02 PM..

Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Talking CSU Pueblo moves up one spot!

Its official. CSU Pueblo is the 2nd ranked team in the nation!

This is from the Division 2 coaches' poll:

Minnesota-Duluth lost to St. Cloud State (Minn.), 51-49, dropping the Bulldogs to No. 10 this week. Moving up to the No. 2 spot is Colorado State-Pueblo, who beat Fort Lewis (Colo.) 50-21. The Thunderwolves are followed by No. 3 Grand Valley State (Mich.), No. 4 Winston-Salem State (N.C.) and No. 5 Missouri Western State.

The link: Emporia State Enters Division II Poll For First Time Since 2003

PUEBLO REPRESENTS!!!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 AM

Tomorrow is homecoming for CSU Pueblo and they are playing Chadron State (Nebraska). I have to be honest this could be a tough game and while I am confident Pueblo can win they need to play a good game with no key mistakes. I will be at the game and will post the final score after the game then pictures and a video when I can.

GO PUEBLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:21 PM

CSU Pueblo beat Cadron State 45-38 in overtime to stay undefeated. Talk about a nail biter as they were down 21-3 at one point. Unfortunately due to work I was not able to go so no pictures and a video from me this time but this win will keep them in the running for a playoff spot and keep them as the only Colorado college and NFL football team undefeated this season!

Also, the number 1 team, Pittsburgh State (Kansas), won as well so Pueblo will stay the second ranked team in the nation in the division 2 coaches' poll.

PUEBLO REPRESENTS!!!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:58 AM

I just found out that CSU Pueblo has the most regular season wins in a row in division 2 football. That is great and I hope they continue it this weekend when they play the Colorado School of Mines or as I call them the gold diggers. They play in Golden Colorado so I will not be at the game but I will post the final score.

This is from NCAA.COM:

PUEBLO, Colo. – After trailing 21-3 early in the first half of its battle with conference rival Chadron State, No. 2 CSU-Pueblo persevered with a thrilling 45-38 overtime win in its homecoming showdown, increasing its regular-season winning streak to a national-best 21 in the process.

The link: Colorado State-Pueblo narrowly escapes Chadron State to win - NCAA.com

Also the new poll is out and as I expected CSU Pueblo is still ranked 2nd in the nation.

This is from the division 2 coaches' website:

Pittsburg State (Kan.) still sits at No. 1 with 29 first-place votes after a 30-21 victory over Central Missouri. Colorado State-Pueblo still sits No. 2

The link: Harding Enters Division II Poll for First Time Since 2005

PUEBLO REPRESENTS!!!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 PM

One thing I am learning about College football is that you always have to be thinking about the future and constantly recruiting new students. With CSU Pueblo becoming a division 2 power house its making that job a tad easier as good students want to play for a team who is going to win.

I read today where CSU Pueblo is going after Cherry Creek's
Tahj Willingham. Cherry Creek is a suburb of Denver. He is, also, looking at UNC in Greeley but I think his better choice would be Pueblo as there he would have a chance to win a national title and in UNC they have no chance to win a D1 title but instead be the whipping boys for the average teams.

This, also, shows how the program in Pueblo is growing as the states largest newspaper refers to Pueblo as a D2 powerhouse. Not bad for only 4 years since they brought back football.

This is from the Denver Post:

After missing time last football season due to his transfer to Cherry Creek, running back Tahj Willingham has made the most of his opportunities as the full time starter this year for the Bruins. He recently picked up a scholarship offer, his first, from Northern Colorado.

Willingham has also been hearing from Division II power CSU-Pueblo.

Read more: Cherry Creek's Tahj Willingham picks up an offer from Northern Colorado - The Denver Post

Last edited by Josseppie; 10-10-2012 at 02:54 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 PM

I was looking at the schedule for this weekend and #1 ranked Pittsburg State (Kansas) plays 7th ranked Northwest Missouri State at a neutral location. Then I looked up the games Missouri has played and except for the one close loss they have beat their opponents a lot and in 2 games by about 60 points! Given this I think they have a leagmite chance of winning then if CSU Pueblo can beat the gold diggers Pueblo would be the number 1 ranked team in the nation! So this weekend I am not just a Pueblo fan but a Northwest Missouri State fan as well!!!!!

I will post both scores when the games are over.

Go Pueblo and Northwest Missouri State!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football